Do you still post on Chowhound?

I never did post just followed, still do on CH.I joined HO after lurking on Kaleo posts.I must be a Kaleo groupy!

2 Likes

I visited CH way more often than I should have…that site design is atrocious and I’m ashamed to even put in effort to find posts to read there still.

1 Like

Not true, SD.

I still post but it’s painful. Whatever y’all did, it worked, the content is bordering on sad. I was blissfully unaware (I usually am) of office politics, then I realized that most of the (good) posters have left by 2017.
I still post to Home Cooking, I just signed up to do the Baking Cooking of the Month, but I’m almost gritting my teeth at what awaits me and I wonder to myself why I even do this? Am I the crazy one? There’s a few good posters left, the ones that have posted since forever are still there, but my suspicion is I’m chatting with CH employees incognito and I feel stupid.

I rarely post on forums anymore, it’s like an old ex, I keep trying to make it work and it never does. I’m all about Instagram and food photography now.

1 Like

Homecooking, especially the “of the month” threads seem to be the only intelligent action there at this time. I still find it stunning how a once exciting, vibrant community could change so rapidly. The shame of it is that the idiot who created most of the turmoil has moved on to another company to destroy.

Those of us who tried to reason with them and were scolded, suspended or banned did so because we understood how integral the participants were in making the site so dynamic. We could see how the changes were chipping away at the foundation of the community.

But it feels good to be building anew! With the insights learned from what happened on CH we have a stronger basis for moving forward.

6 Likes

While this is not Instagram, there are a number of us who are quite into good looking food photos (in addition to good cooking). Please feel free to post pictures of your meals here, especially on the What’s for Dinner threads.

4 Likes

" The shame of it is that the idiot who created most of the turmoil has moved on to another company to destroy."
Fingers crossed, he succeeds … not a fan!

2 Likes

I remember you circa 2016, then you disappeared. I never questioned it because I respect people’s privacy and no one should have to explain why they’re not posting, but I should’ve taken it as a sign when you left. :frowning:
Sorry to hear, I know you had done it for awhile.
Yeah, it’s dying a slow death, I go back out of habit, but there’s no reason for me too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I can’t post as frequently because of all the post processing I do now, I might be able to post once a week, but I’d be happy to do so.

1 Like

When people would post their puzzlement about the disappearance of people many of us tried to contact them via posted email. Unfortunately not everyone had email on their profile.

lol or you can post a dish looking like turd too. Nobody will bat an eye.

I still look at the UK board perhaps once a week - more in hope than expectation. The last post was 10 days ago and the one previous to that was me a month ago and the one previous to that was two months ago. Occasionally, an old thread that I’ve contributed to pops up and I’ll go and have a look at that.

1 Like

I had an awesome experience last week…berated over a deliberate misinterpretation of something I posted three years ago. Fun stuff.

3 Likes

He was a Seek-and-Destroy Mission of One. And now he’s moved on to Walmart’s grocery division. I found this wording amusing:

"I am a Senior Director of Product Management at Walmart.com. I run Product for Walmart’s Grocery business as well all things Omni-channel.

Prior to Walmart, I was a Vice President at CBS Interactive where I ran Chowhound, the pioneering food lover community platform. I relaunched the business, rebuilt the product experience, and grew revenue and profits. "

Yeah, you rebuilt the product experience so well that it’s turned into a virtual ghost town. But obviously, the “revenue and profits” from ad clicks are all that matters to him. Screw the long-term customer experience.

So he’s at Walmart - the armpit of the mega-stores. A fitting location.

5 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

I thought that, after several visits to the country, I was getting quite good at understanding American English but this beats me. Does it actually mean anything or is it just fucking gibberish?

5 Likes

Gibberish to me!

2 Likes

It’s mostly resume/CV gibberish, especially for Georges who knows jackshit about making for a good customer experience, IMO. But “omni-channel” means ANYTHING oriented towards retail marketing, both online and offline, provided in a unified and seamless manner, all working together to provide the customer with the “best experience”: online via computer or mobile, on the phone, or offline in brick-and-mortar stores.

Should you have any desire to know more about it, @Harters, this blog explains it very well, using actual companies as examples of how they can and do follow the customer to make for the best interaction with them: Disney, Virgin Atlantic, the U.K.'s Oasis stores, etc.

2 Likes

Jeez. I’m way too old for that crap.

5 Likes

I haven’t posted there since September of 2015. I posted a couple of lines as a farewell to the site on their “Welcome to the New Chowhound” thread.

I had intended that to be my final word there, but when Hungry Onion was created I posted a few more pseudo-posts about food to sneak in info to let people know about Hungry Onion. (those posts were quickly deleted, and I got a warning letter from Chowhound, but maybe a few people were directed here by those posts)

At some point I got an e-mail from Chowhound saying they were doing a password reset or some such. I didn’t do whatever they requested, and now I can’t even log in and don’t care.

3 Likes