Your favorite spot to dine in S.F.

More bony than strong tasting:

Marithes Tiganites:

1 Like

These are quite mild and tender. I’ve had some in Chinese restaurants that were stronger tasting, which i did not care for.

I see them in my Latino market but have hesitated. They’re cheap. I should buy some, cook and toss if I don’t like :slight_smile:

The ones at Progress were served with a rosemary aioli fwiw

As you’ve already discovered from my review tonight (Doc Ricketts (San Francisco, North Beach)), one of my faves is Doc Ricketts.

An old favorite we go back to again and again is Lolinda. Don’t be fooled into thinking it’s “just” an Argentine steakhouse, there is so much more to this place. I’ve tried 90% of the menu and love it all, and have taken many friends there who feel the same. Great cocktails too.

Garcon (these are mostly in the Mission since that’s where I live) - nice little Frenchy bistro with a New Orleanean chef. He does really well.

For middle eastern, we love Arabian Nights. pay no attention to the kitschy Disney Arabia decor, the food is the real deal. perfect hummus.

We have so many good old school taquerias, but i really also like Mateo’s, a newish upscale taqueria.

Poc Chuc, after 9 years of not having been, is still turning out quality Yucatecan food. Try the mole with turkey (it’s more like a soup) with their homemade tortillas.

Newer American Bistro type-comfort food: Hoffmann’s on Guerrero. Rotisserie chicken and other meats. Homemade bread. Fantastic charred lettuce salad.

Back in North Beach, Il Casaro is the best Italian place around, for wood-fired pizza, salumi, fresh mozz, roasted cauli, etc.

Just discovered Chubby Noodle there, too, for really fun, great-tasting Asian fusion.

If I think of others I’ll come back.