Your favorite antipasti/ charcuterie dishes in nj

I’m going to try a new one out in a few for takeout. I was wondering what spots people like. I’ll elaborate some more but let’s get it started…

It’s been a while but I have liked the charcutierie plate at Pascal & Sabine in Asbury every time we’ve ordered it.

1 Like

I can’t lie…while it may not ‘officially’ qualify, sit at the bar at Jimmy’s in AP and tell me that’s not a great plate of meat and spreadable cheese!

@NotJrvedivici to the white courtesy phone… :yum:

1 Like

Without a doubt! Can easily make a meal out of it if you wanted too.

@corvette_johnny recently I enjoyed the one at Abatino’s in Shrewsbury, other good ones;

Stella Marie Asbury Park (easy on the truffle oil)
Blu Grotto Oceanport
Biravino (red bank was better as Basil T)
Undici Rumson

1 Like

The birravino one is actually top notch. I stopped going there but the old basils meat board was great…easily the best thing on their menu and those olives are world class.

Anjelica’s is putting out some good food too.

My dinner tonight was a joke :confused: I want to call this place out but I may just talk to the owner and ask him why he is putting out such garbage. He knows food and I’m confused. I’d be ashamed to serve this. I knew going into it that it wasn’t going to be great, but I wanted to try it. I’m an idiot lol

Up North, Chef Robbie, at Viaggio, in Wayne, cures his own salumi. Last month he served a prosciutto that he dry aged for a year. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to try it. Viaggio’s charcuterie is more of a small appetizer portion size, and not meant as a large meal. They usually have a regular selection of salumi, as well as a Chef’s selection of hand cured salumi.

4 Likes

Sorry to miss the point but, mmmmmmmmmmmm… Pickled Cauliflower. God I love that stuff.

Yes, Chef Robbie pickles his own vegetables, and changes up the selection with his salumi platters. Once he served picked eggplant with his salumi that was to die for. He needs to bottle it & sell it.

I forgot in my original list Albarinio in Shewsbury has a pretty good one as well.

I will give an honorable mention to AMA in Seabright, but I just don’t like the place so I have trouble endorsing anything about it. lol

Ama is gone…

but not forgotten…they are re-opening with a new theme. They “stole” Ama from Pat Trauma(?) and tried to carry on with his recipes etc. It was a mess and one I couldn’t’ really endorse.

I knew that they stole Pat Trama’s recipes. I couldn’t endorse that either. Luckily, you can now enjoy the real deal at Trama Trattoria in West End, Long Branch.

Drifthouse by David Burke is in the Ama location. Brother Robert Burke is the chef.

Hahahahahahaaaaa yes thank you!! Burke ,another brand I have issues supporting !! (sorry I got my resentments confused. lol)

1 Like

That looks damn tasty!

If anyone is a soppressata fan, Giannas in Atlantic highlands makes their own. This stuff is addictive! I don’t even buy it in weight because I just end up tanking down whatever I buy watching some tv.

I’m not sure which is better, the sweet or hot.

2 Likes

Arturo’s in Maplewood. They do everything well there.