You win half billion powerball, what restaurant do you buy? (NJ Edition)

What do you do to it? What kind of food? Who is the chef? Etc. Remember you have millions of dollars to piss away so get creative :smile: I need some time to think. NJ spots only

1 Like

If I had a half-billion dollars I would never in a million years buy a restaurant. I might EAT in nice restaurants every day, but why would I want to tie myself to one venue and one menu, fret over chef and staff turnover, deal with liquor license issues, worry about profitability, etc.?

What is your question actually trying to find out? If youā€™re just looking for peopleā€™s favorite expensive restaurants in NJ, there are simpler ways to ask that.

4 Likes

If I have a billion dollars, I just hire the best chefs as my personal chefs and have them cook to my specification.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a dumb fantasy question. Donā€™t take it too seriously lol. I wouldnā€™t personally buy one either but itā€™s fun to think about how you could design/build somethingā€¦at least to me it is. I like to day dream. Iā€™m still thinking of an answer.

2 Likes

Yeah, have to agree with the enjoy the hell out of dining vs. ownership.

With billions, my family and I would eat on every continentā€¦slowly and savoring every cuisine.

Gotta make that $$$ last a lifetime!

3 Likes

Do you think I would have enough to buy the QE2 from the current owners
so I could open a theme restaurant ā€¦ you know they will come!
Isnā€™t that what having money is all about ā€¦ making more?

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking something like a much more sophisticated version of ā€œchefā€™s clubā€ in nyc, where there are weekly or monthly guest chefs from around the world.
And since iā€™m calling the shots that would include street vendors from night markets in china, dim sum masters, italian grandmothers, fine dining cooks from mexicoā€¦ anyone and everyone! Obviously there would be a team in charge of scouting talent as well as managing logistics of transporting their necessary equipment and ingredients.

5 Likes

Please sign me up to roam the world scouting for talent!

2 Likes

So glad Iā€™m the only one here that wanted to sell out :wink:

1 Like

A super duper Chinese wonton shop.

Or

The greatest yet affordable burger place (but In N Out has already beaten me to itā€¦ so what is the point?)

I would buy a deli in Los Angeles, maybe Jerryā€™s in Marina del Rey, and completely redo it. I would hire brilliant pickle makers, and bakers, and people that know how to smoke fish, roast turkeys, and make corned beef. Also, the matzo ball soup would be served with three fluffy little matzo balls in a chicken broth delicately flavored with dill. And the cabbage rolls would also be light and delicate.

There would also be olden-days Chinese food on the menu, because I have a 1/2 billion dollars and I can afford two kitchens.

3 Likes

Those of you heading for restaurant dreams, I will gladly spend my $$$ at your new establishments!

I understand billionaires tend to roam the same circlesšŸ‘

2 Likes

Not any restaurant thatā€™s for sure. I put my money into Starbucks. Thereā€™s one on every corner. As far as restaurants go lā€™d have a personal chef

1 Like

Iā€™d buy Wild Scallions and hire Marilyn Schlossbach.

4 Likes

BBRRAAAAHH !

Hilarious.

2 Likes

Iā€™d buy Teak in Red Bank and keep the menu.

Itā€™s more effective than Ex Lax.

Letā€™s buy all the McClones and turn them into restaurants.

That should pi$$ most of it away.

1 Like

We are the goon squad and weā€™re coming to town. Beep beep.

Hey I like teak! Their happy hour is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I would buy all the restaurants I hate, shut it down and turn them into Dennys or Waffle Houses.

3 Likes