"Yes, I want a receipt!"

Yes- we use receipts at the grocery store to make sure we get the advertised discount/price/markdown. Amazing how many errors we find. I also like the on-screen info so we can check while it’s happening. We very rarely buy anything at the grocery store that’s not on sale so this is important to us.

2 Likes

I also look at the till as the goods are rung up, and these days nearly all of our supermarkets have self-service tills where you scan the good yourself so that works.

But I use my contactless card for lots of small purchases and in bars and pubs. These are the sorts of places where the till is not in clear sight and the card machine may also be some way away. The server takes the card and “waves” it on my behalf.

I probably use the contactless card for 99.9% of my purchases these days. Literally a $10 bill can sit unused in my wallet for a month and if I come across a cash only place I need to walk away as I don’t have sufficient cash anymore.

I did go to a winery last week that sent the receipt by email. I waved my card, and my phone beeped with a receipt. A great example of a paperless, yet full information transaction.

1 Like