Why go vegan?

Your cat will eat your face.

1 Like

We came to adopt a dog later in our adult yearsā€”the first by necessity, then her successor by choiceā€”so I was surprised to discover that both love(d) carbs as their treat of first preference. This second dog is also crazy for veg and fruit as treats. If I leave a cut melon or tomato on the counter unwatched, I do so at my own risk. :rofl:

Not nearly as enthusiastic about red meat. Was I ever surprised.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why I love the Thai monks, they have some tigers in their temples, and their belief is, as long as itā€™s not they themselves killing the animals, they have no problem feeding meat to the tigers.

Yes, cats can get sick with non meat regimes, cat biscuits are one of the cause of liver, kidney and skin allergic problem of cats.

2 Likes

Buddhism is not necessarily vegetarian. Tibetan Buddhists in my direct experience are distinctly not.

I think the vegan Green Chili I make is insanely delicious. YMMV.

1 Like

Recipe or it didnā€™t happen. (This is a slang-y way of saying please tell me how you make it.)

3 Likes

hey,
I want to share something to you.

Super Green Salad with Radishes and Snap Peas

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 bunch butter lettuce
  • 1 cup sugar snap peas
  • 1 small watermelon radish peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 handful of microgreens
  • Ā¼ cup chive blossom
  • Ā¼ cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Ā½ cup good olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

HOW TO PREPARE:

1. Pour vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar, olive oil and salt and pepper in Emulstir. Blend until emulsified.
  2. Wash and tear butter lettuce into pieces.
  3. Divide lettuce between two places. Top with snap peas, radish slices and microgreens.
  4. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over top
  5. Top with chive blossoms

hope you like this for living healthy lifestyle.

Green Chili:

Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add a chopped onion and 2 chopped cloves of garlic; saute 3 min. Add 2 chopped jalapeƱos and 2 or 3 chopped green bell peppers. Saute another 3 minutes.

Add 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein), 2 cups broth, 5 or 6 chopped tomatillos, 2 drained cans of canellini beans, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp ground chiles (I get these at the Indian grocery), 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon to pot. (Obviously, you can adjust seasoning to your own taste.)

Bring liquid to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens and flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about an hour. This is a bit like a thick soup; you can thicken it more with masa if you want (though I have never done this.)

Mix 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro into chili.

1 Like

Thanks! Do you have a preferred brand of TVP? I very rarely cook with it, but I sometimes make chili with extra firm tofu that Iā€™ve pressed, frozen and grated.

1 Like

Bobā€™s Red Mill is the only one Iā€™ve found around here (central NJ). (There is something like it frozen from Gardein, I think, but I prefer stuff that doesnā€™t fill up my freezer.)

I agree with the OP.

Iā€™ve been eating vegan for almost all of my life. And a decent percentage of that substantial amount of food was/is indeed delicious.

(belated) Thanks! Iā€™ll look for it.