What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

hi, Belated Happy Birthday to you. Looks Delicious.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to Comedy Legend MR BEAN.
This is the chicken Biryani from Triguna hotel in Kurnool, INDIA.

9 Likes

Our leftovers don’t seem to survive past 3am.

6 Likes

THAT. DUCK. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Pan cooked cod over oven grilled leek, grapefruit, crispy eel skin and leek root

Squid pan cooked with Vietnamese fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass, curry, dill and onion served with rice noodles

Flan or custard tart

Top chef Wednesday was a quickie, grilled pork ribs marinated briefly with oyster sauce, fermented black beans sauce, garlic, sesame oil and agave syrup. Oven did the rest of the job. H actually liked it.

Fried rice with Chinese sausages, egg, onion, dried shrimps and spinach

21 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Extreme load?

I was scrolling through April looking for @mariacarmen’s BF’s orange pepper & sausage ragu post (which I am making for dinner tonight) and this caught my eye, having just read @Kruczek’s post.
@mariacarmen
BF made a gigantor meatloaf, with ground beef and Italian sausage, glazed with hoisin/ketchup/Worcestershire. Really moist, loved the texture. Mashed potatoes with TPSTOB and a few sliced mushrooms, and carrots sauteed with dried basil and tarragon. I’m seeing a meatloaf sandwich in my near future…
@Kruczek
I made a gigantor meatloaf, with ground beef and Italian sausage, glazed with hoisin/ketchup/Worcestershire. Really moist, loved the texture. Mashed potatoes with TPSTOB and a few sliced mushrooms, and carrots sauteed with dried basil and tarragon. I’m seeing a meatloaf sandwich in my near future…
Plagiarism or flattery?

10 Likes

Oh…wow. bot!?

4 Likes

Everything looks fabulous, but those ribs :heart_eyes:

What was the oven procedure?

1 Like

My alternate Friday night dinner: a big ass, thick-cut, bone-in pork chop from my butcher, drizzled in olive oil and covered in Penzeys Tsardust Memories seasoning blend, then grilled on the grill pan and finished in the oven at 350° until internal temp was 135°. A wee bit overdone, but still very good.

Sides were mashed sweet potatoes with butter, ground ginger, maple syrup, and a touch of cream, as well as steamed asparagus and some of my Triple Apple applesauce.

And wine. Happy Friday, all!

15 Likes

Couple of chilly days here coincided with a rough work week. Comfort food required. Cottage pie (would have been Shepherd’s pie but no lamb on hand) with white cheddar cauliflower crust. I detest the classic additions of carrots and peas, so mine has sautéed mushrooms and kale in Guinness-based gravy. Also, :wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:!

13 Likes

oh fer chrissake, how did i not even notice my own words???

5 Likes

Not pretty, but so good. Mixed mushroom and smoky bacon fried rice, with garlic, ginger, spring onions, jalapeño, egg, and scallions. Smoked shoyu and Maggi seasoning. Garlic crisp and pickled ginger to top. BF turned his into soup (dental reasons), and that turned out really quite tasty.

@naf - we’re fried rice sisters!

12 Likes

looks like someone already flagged her post?

Don’t feel bad, in the 20 seconds it takes me to reach the pantry I have forgotten what I needed.

6 Likes

Nice catch, I was also bamboozled.

At least you agree w/yourself!

4 Likes

:smile:
what a dope!

2 Likes

hah! story of my life!

2 Likes

Nice Greenmarket haul today. So! Monkfish with ramps and asparagus, olive/chive/lemon/cinnamon basil on top.

fish
Pea shoots with radish, cucumber & feta.

salad

11 Likes

This one sent me over the top . Bruschetta brushed with tomato garlic and olive oil . De bearded the mussels. Clams . Olive oil mixed with butter . Saute shallots chopped garlic with tomato. Add a smidge of anchovy oil . Finish off with some threads of saffron from Iran made into a tea . Cheers .

19 Likes