What Wine Did You Drink Today #1?

You are very welcome.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’d been familar with ABC Pinots but not their chards. This came via an offer of assorted ABC wines from a well-known internet seller based out of Seattle. Lovely “steeliness”, little or no oak that I could discern, a delicious, crisp quaffer.

2 Likes

Another ABC chard from the same allocation. A bit drier, more austere, but a nice mineral edge and again no discernible oak. I’m liking the house style.

2 Likes

1 Like

The above photographs were taken in FALSET, TARRAGONA at a PRIORAT Wine Estate.

This designation of origin is considered one of the best in Spain.

2 Likes

Beautiful! How old is the bridge in the 3rd photograph?

1 Like

Roman Era. Tarragona as well as all of Cataluna was inhabited by the Romans for approx. 600 years. (until 800 a.d. when it was inhabited and conquested by the Moorish - which consisted of a variety of Middle Easterners including Moroccans).

There are numerous Roman bridges in Spain; and one can do a “Silver Route” which starts in Mérida, Badajoz, Extremadura and goes north to Asturias.

it is highly recommended if you visit Spain.

2 Likes

The last trip we had made to La Rioja, was to Logroño. Here are some photographs from this trip.

2 Likes

Beautiful spring day in the northeast US. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Tell us about the Artemis. Our Costco carries it but I’ve not tried it.

I’m not a big wine guy, so don’t put too much credence in my recommendation of wines. I like it, it’s a mild fruity taste without any acidic qualities that really turn me off in wine in general. I would strongly recommend it.

Curiosity piqued. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

BODEGA MUGA, HARO, LA RIOJA.

3 Likes

Lovely!

Culling the cellar for gots-to-go wines. This WS had more complexity than their un-oaked chard, and stood up well to cod roasted in coconut milk with ginger, garlic, and chili.

3 Likes
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold