What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

Rieslings are the best.

1 Like

More vinho verde - Gazela, in this case.

1 Like

The right weather for it - so summery today!

Yes, it’s perfect drinking wine.

Tues. night at Iyasare, bottle no. 656 out of 1,000 made . . .

A bottle of blanc de blanc pre and with mushroom risotto.

1 Like

Well the signage says it all its just so disheartening buying wine in a place that cares so little.

This cali red was “on sale” breathing now we’ll see never saw it before the selection is so minimal there.

I’m working on a bottle of 2013 Plouzeau Chinon Rive Gauche – home alone and I’d usually just make myself a mixed drink, but looking through this thread and the coolness of the day made me thirsty for red wine. This is a pretty light one, but tasty and it hits the spot.

Portalupi Pinot, Sonoma Coast 2013. I could drink this all day long!

Nalle Hopkins Ranch Russian River Valley pinot noir 2010.

Currently enjoying Rancho Zabaco zin as I make dinner.

still pretending its summer. As long as the weather holds out.

Was Philly that much warmer than Connecticut today? It was gorgeous out, but definitely jacket weather!

[quote=“kattyeyes, post:34, topic:1197”]
It was gorgeous out, but definitely jacket weather!
[/quote] rode down to Italian matket 10 miles round trip in shorts, i did get tacos carne asada to refuel :smiley: put on jeans for an afternoon bbq but it was really sunny and nice. Cool after dark but no jacket required.

1 Like

Interesting, they didn’t mention that at the tasting. They poured the Location:OR and the Location:WA at the same tasting. I preferred the Location:OR over the other wines tasted. The best white at the tasting was the Location:Corsica

AFAIK Dave Phinney still owns and makes his Locations label as well as the Orin Swift label, but us no longer working on The Prisoner. He had a contract with the buyers to work with them for a couple of years but I’m pretty sure that time has passed. I could be wrong about that I suppose.

It’s not unusual for a wine shop to theme a tasting around the winemaker, but my experience is that they usually tell the person’s story. Phinney is a bit unusual in his marketing approach in that he brands each of his Orin Swift wines separately, really almost hiding the Orin Swift name and pushing the name of each wine… like Papillon or Machete.

Did the tasting include only Locations and The Prisoner? If so, I’m wondering if he’s also sold Locations.

Lincort Pinot Noir.

A 2013 Wente Riesling. Nice.

1 Like

Kante Malvasia 2012