What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

Idlewilde Valdiguie 2014

I’ve never had prosecco col fondo. I want it.

Are you anywhere near Philly/NJ, Delaware or Manhattan? Moore Brothers carries it in all of their stores.

Thanks. I guess I’m off to Gramercy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been on a Rhone kick lately this one is going great with spicy pork ad stinky cheese

totally gorgeous, elegant willamette pinot.

A really nice, not too heavy, zin.

A very affodable really tasty Tuscan red from a recent visit to my hometown wine store. My folks are selling the house and moving after the holidays I dont think they realize half the reason I visit them is for an excuse to go to Zachys :wink: even if I usually slum it there thier selection and assistance is always excellent.

Another gem from Spain, this Priorat is an 80-20 blend of (take your pick) Garnatxa/Garnacha/Grenache and Syrah – very aromatic, vibrant and flavorful, with a long and elegant finish – my last bottle, unfortunately.

Generally I find inexpensive Rioja a tasty wine to serve with dinner. Even as far as cheap wines go this was a particularly horrid bottle. Ugh there is just nothing good going on here.

Went to Haven restaurant last Wed. night in Jack London Square with my wife – they were having a “Winemaker Dinner” featuring the wines of an old friend . . . so I brought something old.

1985 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Clos du Mont-Olivet (Rhône, France). The sharp-eyed among you will notice the original price tag of $14.99 . . . but that was before my employee discount!

An exceptional wine, and great to see, and share with, an old friend!

2 Likes

This really nice, spicy, bold Pinot.

Fresh, light, easy drinking.

2010 Marsannay, Méo-Camuzet Frère & Soeurs (Côte de Nuits, Bourgogne, France) – served with sautéed quail, stuffed with cornbread & sausage, at five years of age, this wine was showing beautifully, but still has some time to go.

1995 Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru, “Les Narbentons,” Maurice Card et Fils (Côte de Beaune, Bourgogne, France) – served with a perfectly ripened wheel of L’Ami de Chambertin, at 20 years of age, this wine was showing its age, but still with a core of classic Burgundian Pinot Noir fruit and spice, but drying out on the finish; still, it paired beautifully with the cheese . . .

OK, tonight . . .

2004 La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 (Rioja, Spain) – served with a Moroccan spiced skirt steak, followed by the rest of yesterday’s L’Ami de Chambertin – beautiful . . . .

Tonite 4 of us went to a Robert Foley wine dinner, where 5 courses were paired with Foley wines and he gave a brief overview of each. I’ve been drinking the Charbono for quite awhile and love it, but I wasn’t prepared to really like his Merlot. Nice. The Pinot Noir was also great… more in the style of a French Burgundy as opposed to an Oregon wine.

We stumbled onto this Dry Creek Winery a few years ago. I was drawn in by a sandwich sign saying “Barrel Tasting”. Really nice Zins and just opened a Cab that was very tasty

Last night . . . .

Jamon from Spain, duck pâté from The Fifth Quarter, an array of cheeses (off picture), and a 1996 Ridge Vineyards Lytton Estate Syrah (95%, w/5% Viognier) – simply stunning!

1 Like

I would buy a case of this. Inexpensive and great with food.

We went to a Swift tasting some time ago and loved the Destination series wines. have been buying them buy the case since. enjoy.