What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

Another year done.

For me, seeing 2019 in the rear view mirror is several months late. I have nothing good to say about these past 365 days.

Too much shit happened personally, to my friends, nationally, and internationally for me to even think anything was remotely good about this year.

Good riddance to 2019.

I didn’t even have the energy to prepare my usual NYE dinner, so a simple salad with poached chicken, carrots, radishes, red bell pepper, green onions, dried cranberries, and goat cheese with maple-balsamic vinaigrette drizzled on top sufficed (pic pre-dressing).

I’ll watch a movie and go to bed early. And hope 2020 is better for many of us.

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve.

14 Likes

Sounds superb. A very happy new year to you and Mrs. H.

3 Likes

Linda, I truly hope you have a much better year in 2020, the good health to enjoy it, as well as friends who have weathered their own personal storms.

Peace for all the world in the coming year. :dove:

6 Likes

Early snack supper (maybe more later?)
Prawns with cocktail sauce
Spouts in mustard sauce

Lobster ravioli in butter

7 Likes

We had an impromptu party. Tons of nibbles, chicken adobo with coconut milk and yellow rice, leftover pasta e fagioli, mac and cheese, dinosaur chicken nuggets, and Thai tofu curry for the veg contingent. Oven s’mores brought by our friends - with dark chocolate! Yum. No pics except for dessert. Cremant de Limoux, beer, and pinot noir to drink.

A very happy New Year to my WFD friends!

14 Likes

Windmill cookies, Waaaahht. Top of my cookie list.

3 Likes

$.49/pack at Aldi post Christmas.

1 Like

I agree with this sentiment! I try not to take for granted the good things and blessings I have, but on balance, this was a tough year. Here’s to a better 2020. Nothing much going on tonight. I worked part of the day and came home with a raging stress induced migraine. After a nap and some meds, I made DH a quick pasta with bacon and sprouts. Tea with ginger for me.

7 Likes

Can’t seem to make it work like I want, but you get the idea.

1 Like

Last dinner of 2019 was simple, as both of us had some degree of stomach problems, mine due to eating too much cream and ice cream. Since the ice cream machine, a Christmas gift, arrived a little more than a week ago, I’ve made a green apple lime sorbet, a vanilla ice cream and a tonka bean chocolate gelato.

Dinner of new year’s eve was oysters, some cheeses and a green salad. Got some cocktails and drinks, no dessert.

Some of the last meals…

Mushrooms tagliatelle with truffle oil

Llama steak marinated with porcini sauce

Duck and pistacho pâte with goose liver

Red endive risotto, parmesan and tarragon

Macaronade with duck foie gras, porcini and morel in a creamy sauce

Happy new year, everybody! Hope a better year than 2019!!

14 Likes

Oh my! Is it similar to another meat?

I would say it is close to beef. Quite lean, so not exactly lamb like. Cooked correctly, it was tender. We had another very small piece that was hard and chewy, over cooked probably.

3 Likes

Last Meal of the decade!
Simple comfort 101…
Ribs, sweet potato/PSTOB and a simple mayo slaw.

wine: Argentine Malbec 2017
No desert…starting my diet early so I can go off of it early!

13 Likes

Moved to diff thread, :wink:

1 Like

I’ve started a new thread for January 2020 here.

4 Likes

We had an array of appetizers ready to be consumed last night but only made it through half of them. What made it out: air-fried asparagus with horseradish aioli, a melty/garlicky spinach-cheese dip, chips and salsa, baked brie, and those ubiquitous pigs in blankets.

Guess we can have the mac and cheese bites, spanakopita, lobster-cheese balls, and mushroom flatbread another night. Maybe tonight. :thinking:

Drinks for me were one gin martini (well, technically a Gibson because of the pickled onion) and two Last Words, using the last of both my Chartreuse and Luxardo. Sparkling wine at midnight.

11 Likes

The last of the December posts

NYE dinner for 4

Grouper piccata with roasted vegetables and salad

13 Likes

You know how to party!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020