What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

nobody told me that
I use the 40 express cycle before I go to bed when the dishwasher is fully loaded . Dishes comes out really clean as it is already clean anyway, However, I was advised initially by Bosch to use FINISH tablet, and when I need to add jet liquid and hard water conditioner when the program tells me to do so. When my dishes had some residual soap left after using 30 minute express cycle , Bosch initially advised me to switch back to half dose of liquid detergent or when washing is completed with FINISH tablet, to give an extra 10 minute rinse which I refused ( I just took all my liquid dishwashing detergent to the recycle center ( buy a few bottles when Costco is on sale) , So, they reprogrammed express cycle to 40 minutes. I am aware I have hard water but apparently not that bad because I have to use a filter as well as water softener on my Gaggia Academia. It took almost 12 month before I had to change filter or descale. So, perhaps my well water is not as hard!

We also have very hard water. We use the Finish Quantum tablets, and, I think, fill in salt somewhere. I’m not so sure about it. I have a partnership with my wife. I make things dirty (i.e., I do the cooking), and she makes them clean.

1 Like

I am feeling under the weather and just had some chicken broth with ramen-style noodles for dinner. Hope it stays down.

5 Likes

Stay away from the littleun’s… feel better

Feel better!

1 Like

Helpful post from @naf on how to save / bookmark / park any interesting discussions / posts / recipes for later reference - and also how to find them later!

2 Likes

Ty!

I just ate a cupcake, so maybe I am on the road to recovery after all…

7 Likes

Made my boy and 3 of his friends who are celebrating his birthday (tomorrow) a pot of chili and some cornbread muffins studded with pickled jalapenos. Afterwards, we’ll shuttle them to the movie theater. My project tomorrow will be a first ever tiramisu, which he has been asking for recently. I hope I don’t screw it up! It’ll serve as a birthday “cake!”

13 Likes

Thick thick extra spicy chili topped with jalapeño cheetoes is wfd tonight

14 Likes

Rigatoni alla Vodka with shrimp. Side of roasted asparagus. Appetizer was triscuits topped with prosciutto, parmesan, and pepper.

15 Likes

I’ve made it a few times and had better results drizzling lightly with the espresso mixture v dunking. Less soggy.

3 Likes

Yum

1 Like

Nice garnish :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @Rooster, and yes, more to come!

Thanks @HungryAllTheTime! It was the way I felt about your lunch disaster post. At first I wondered why so much detail, then I realized the story was going somewhere AND wasn’t going to end well. To me, the stories and detail are what make HO interesting!

3 Likes

Of course - otherwise I can just google “wfd” and look at the “images” page.

Good point @HungryAllTheTime!

1 Like

Actually my son’s idea that quickly became a “household staple” - so darn good

Had a reasonably long travel day yesterday and arrived at our hosts’ new house in Charlotte NC, tired and hungry. Our friends/hosts both out of town for work. But we were welcomed warmly by electronic smart candles, their adorable dog and a lovely, well stocked kitchen and bar.

H cooked some fresh, pre packaged cheese ravioli with sauce found in the pantry. Hit the spot. I would recommend the sauce, unconditionally, but it was too salty. Tasty though.

10 Likes

Teriyaki salmon with rice cooked in chicken broth and butter, steamed buttered broccoli, and cucumber salad. Because, of course.

13 Likes