What is the power structure of this site?

This is where my logic would come into play. If 2 people can have civil discord then no worries. If however the discussion degrades then yes, the posts of alll involved get removed.

For example: (super simplified)

A: I like pizza
B: pizza is stupid
A: you’re an a**hole

If B’s post was against guidelines then A should report it rather than engaging. Leaving just “I like pizza” in the end rewards A and effectively removes the disenting opinion.

1 Like

What you are suggesting “punishes” the poster, not the post. And that’s what I think makes no sense.

This is why math confounds me. A…B…seriously. The complaint here is longer than the thread there. Ice cream cures everything.

7 Likes

It really depends on each individual situation and what’s said in each post for us to determine what’s the most appropriate course of action. But, my suggestion would be for everyone to stick to the discussions and if necessarily, agree to disagree.

3 Likes

The deep dish argument.

2 Likes

DAVE: Lasagna should be made with ricotta.
DAN: No! Lasagna should be made with bechamel.
DAVE: We seem to disagree.
DAN: What should we do?
DAVE: Go out together for ice cream and wine?
DAN: I’m in!

Does this help with the math? grin

1 Like

Oh - the rest of y’all are invited also. grin

I’d rather eat ice cream.

You aren’t from Chicago are you?

2 Likes

I said both. grin What kind of ice cream would you like? Plain? Syrup? Monocolor sprinkles or the variety? Bowl or cone? This is getting out of hand. @Thimes will have to decide - s/he is the one who posed the math problem. grin

I saw that exact argument play out on a FB food page. Some guy going off on Chicago.
The only good pizza is NYC, even Connecticut sucks. Blah blah blah.
He was from NYC, naturally.

No math. Just a bowl of ice cream and a spoon.

1 Like

This thread is starting to remind me of the old saying about beating a dead horse.

1 Like

If humor is dead, the horse is the lucky one.

4 Likes

Kudos!

1 Like

Men…

4 Likes

Anywhere that humans are involved, mistakes can happen. But NotJr is completely ok. You can trust him.

7 Likes

Thank you

1 Like