What did you try for the first time in your garden this year?

I know this is a REALLY OLD thread but a search for expandable hoses brought up zilch and this thread does mention new tools. I asked for and received a 100 ft expandable hose for an early birthday present. I was so excited. It expanded properly and for the first 2 minutes the soaker option was working like a charm. Then it blew up! The inside clear tube busted. Checking out online reviews, these hoses are hit or miss. So my question is, can anyone recommend a certain brand or should I just quit while the quitting is good?

That has been my experience too - basically every brand I have tried has sprung a leak within a couple of month. I have seen better reviews of the Bionic Steel Pro hose but I haven’t bought one myself yet - luckily the two expanding ones I bought on Amazon last season are still functional (though one has a small leak).

As for the question about new plants, I just planted chervil and nasturtium, both of which are new to me. I have a couple of purple cauliflower seedlings as well.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.