What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Ditto on Drew letting me go loose in the rickhouses with a drill and some toothpicks on a nice early summer and early fall days. Also napping in the rickhouse because we were to wasted to walk/climb back out.

Did that several times over the years. I still have a water bottle full of a blend from several barrels, from filling while stopping the holes back up.

Those were the days

Probably could sell that bottle on the secondary market for crazy money but would be great to enjoy. I have a soft spot for early Willetts

Love every one of our barrel picks. Could be off profile’s from Beam or HH. Those Beams were nut candy.

It’s many years since I last drank anything alcoholic. My problem nowadays is that most soft drinks are far too sweet to drink in any quantity (and some, like Coke/Pepsi, are far to sweet even for just one).

I have come to enjoy this range of San Pellegrino sparkling water and fruit drinks.

https://www.sanpellegrinofruitbeverages.com/us/beverages/fruit

I do occasionally drink alcohol-free wine and enjoy the Carl Jung products. It is extemely rare that I drink an alcohol free beer but do like Buckler - which is, I think, French but I’ve also had it in Spain (nice and bitter). And, for an aperitif, Seedlip, the newish non-alcoholic gin-like distillation, is lovely with tonic.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Corpse reviver. Gin, lillet, lemon juice, Cointreau, absinthe rinse.

5 Likes

A classic for good reason. Nice glassware!

1 Like

A sidecar for dessert!

2oz brandy
0.75oz lemon juice
0.5oz Cointreau
0.25oz cane syrup

Shake and strain, express orange peel over it.

4 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

Playing with a bottle of Foursquare Probitas. A blend of Coffey still rum from Foursquare in Barbados and pot still rum from Hampden Estate in Jamaica

Exploring the classic daiquiri with this rum. The little bit of pot still funk is intriguing and has me coming back for more

1 Like

Lime Popsicle (vodka, lime popsicle, mint.)

8 Likes

Pimms #1 + ice + Feverfew ginger beer.

2 Likes

Maker’s and soda. Hoping to have a Manhattan out shortly.

Semi-homemade coffee liqueur. One of the local coffee roasters (Airborne Coffee, Union City, CA) sells coffee syrup, with instructions on the label on how to turn it into coffee liqueur. Basically, fill up syrup bottle with vodka, refrigerate, and wait at least 3 days.

1 Like

I spent most of the day cooking and around brunch told DH that the cook needed a cocktail. 2oz Campari, 1 oz fresh squeezed OJ, bitters. Tart, bitter, and just sweet enough.

6 Likes

Sweet!

My bank manger probably thinks I should have a less expensive taste in Whisky but I’m an Islay single malt man. Also love Bowmore 18yr old but that’s even more expensive.

5 Likes

Applejack sour. Lairds, lemon juice, orange juice, maple syrup. Top with grated nutmeg. Fall in a glass.

6 Likes

Ooh, you might also like a cocktail I call the “Port Authority”, which is apple jack, Sandman’s aged ruby port, lemon juice, honey syrup/maple syrup, and bitters, shaken and served up.

2 Likes

Smooth. Rocks or cocktail. The seasonal apple pie is delicious.

4 Likes

A pleasant way to spend the afternoon! Double G&T at the Moana Surfrider. Can’t decide on the next one, not that it matters. A little dinner later.

7 Likes