What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Drinking a fair amount of Wild Turkey 101. Really tasting good these days

3 Likes

That Wild Turkey 80 ought to be outlawed.

1 Like

Four Roses small batch - the antidote to a long day!

2 Likes

I just had a fancified version of an Old Fashioned at a lovely Italian bar - ginger syrup for the sugar cube, but a few sips in all I wanted was my usual bourbon old fashioned… hmm, maybe I’ll just make one.

1 Like

Not a fan of the 80. Eddie Russell has been blending more older barrels in the 101 theses days. At around $31 for a handle its a good buy

A few years ago the 101 label dropped the “8 years old” description.

Several rounds of Columbian Aguardiente, and we were merry.

2 Likes

Guaro!! Excelente!

not sure if you are located in the ‘polar vortex’ part of N. America that’s freezing its buns off this week, but if you are looking for a fun warming-up drink to make w/ that Aguardiente, try making a Canelazo; it’s a popular after-dinner hot drink in the mountainous regions of Colombia.

Sugar cane juice (can sometimes just find boxed concentrate from Latin store)
cinamon stick
lime juice
Aguardiente

Heat in a saucepan for 10 minutes or so (not to boiling)

serve in cup or mug. Rico!

Not as cold as where you are, but it is still cold in the Paris region (on the verge of snowing and not).
Thanks for Canelazo, will try.

They sure did

Seems Jim Beam did that too with Knob Creek?

Yes dropping age statements seems to be more common. Knob is still a good pour. Haven’t had an off the shelf in a long while.

It’s Friday! Another Anisette time! This time was Floranis, originated from Alger.

3 Likes

Friday and DH wanted bourbon. Willett on the rocks.

3 Likes

No pic but this morning a Bloody Mortitian, or what everyone calls a bloody mary. This recepie is peppercorn, celery seed and dill weed then muddle. Next add 1/4 lime and lemon and muddle. Clamato juice wih horseraddish, tobasco sauce and whorsestershire sauce with 1 oz of gin. Shake and pour and add dill pickle spear to glass with ice. Amount of gin is up to you. Serve in approx. 8oz glass.

2 Likes

A little Wild Turkey 101 after cleaning out my office this afternoon

The new stuff is tasting exceptionally good these days. From what I’ve heard a lot of their younger juice is going into their Longbranch product (thank you Matthew). So older barrels are going into the 101 and Russels Reserve

2 Likes

Good tip, thanks!

Anyone here familiar with Old Forester 100 proof? Got a bottle here in NC for around $24.99 and was pleasantly surprised by the rounded flavor and drinkability.

Haven’t had the pleasure. I’ve purchased the 1920 which I like

old Forester is getting a lot of love these days. The 100 proof rye is a favorite as well

A peach and apple cider for the Guinea hen cooked with calvados and the cider. 3%, very sweet and fruity.

A sweet potato Yamaneko Shochu for accompanying a Japanese meal.

A 25% alcohol, matured and stored for more than two years, this shochu has a unique, complete flavor. A medium light body, its distinctive fresh and sweet flavour goes down smoothly

4 Likes