What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1?

Drinking a fair amount of Wild Turkey 101. Really tasting good these days

3 Likes

That Wild Turkey 80 ought to be outlawed.

1 Like

(ChristinaM) #765

Four Roses small batch - the antidote to a long day!

2 Likes

(saregama) #766

I just had a fancified version of an Old Fashioned at a lovely Italian bar - ginger syrup for the sugar cube, but a few sips in all I wanted was my usual bourbon old fashioned… hmm, maybe I’ll just make one.

1 Like

Not a fan of the 80. Eddie Russell has been blending more older barrels in the 101 theses days. At around $31 for a handle its a good buy

0 Likes

A few years ago the 101 label dropped the “8 years old” description.

0 Likes

Several rounds of Columbian Aguardiente, and we were merry.

1 Like

Guaro!! Excelente!

not sure if you are located in the ‘polar vortex’ part of N. America that’s freezing its buns off this week, but if you are looking for a fun warming-up drink to make w/ that Aguardiente, try making a Canelazo; it’s a popular after-dinner hot drink in the mountainous regions of Colombia.

Sugar cane juice (can sometimes just find boxed concentrate from Latin store)
cinamon stick
lime juice
Aguardiente

Heat in a saucepan for 10 minutes or so (not to boiling)

serve in cup or mug. Rico!

0 Likes

Not as cold as where you are, but it is still cold in the Paris region (on the verge of snowing and not).
Thanks for Canelazo, will try.

0 Likes

They sure did

0 Likes

Seems Jim Beam did that too with Knob Creek?

0 Likes

Yes dropping age statements seems to be more common. Knob is still a good pour. Haven’t had an off the shelf in a long while.

0 Likes

It’s Friday! Another Anisette time! This time was Floranis, originated from Alger.

2 Likes

(Robin) #776

Friday and DH wanted bourbon. Willett on the rocks.

3 Likes

No pic but this morning a Bloody Mortitian, or what everyone calls a bloody mary. This recepie is peppercorn, celery seed and dill weed then muddle. Next add 1/4 lime and lemon and muddle. Clamato juice wih horseraddish, tobasco sauce and whorsestershire sauce with 1 oz of gin. Shake and pour and add dill pickle spear to glass with ice. Amount of gin is up to you. Serve in approx. 8oz glass.

2 Likes

A little Wild Turkey 101 after cleaning out my office this afternoon

The new stuff is tasting exceptionally good these days. From what I’ve heard a lot of their younger juice is going into their Longbranch product (thank you Matthew). So older barrels are going into the 101 and Russels Reserve

2 Likes

(ChristinaM) #779

Good tip, thanks!

0 Likes

(ChristinaM) #780

Anyone here familiar with Old Forester 100 proof? Got a bottle here in NC for around $24.99 and was pleasantly surprised by the rounded flavor and drinkability.

0 Likes

Haven’t had the pleasure. I’ve purchased the 1920 which I like

old Forester is getting a lot of love these days. The 100 proof rye is a favorite as well

0 Likes

A peach and apple cider for the Guinea hen cooked with calvados and the cider. 3%, very sweet and fruity.

A sweet potato Yamaneko Shochu for accompanying a Japanese meal.

A 25% alcohol, matured and stored for more than two years, this shochu has a unique, complete flavor. A medium light body, its distinctive fresh and sweet flavour goes down smoothly

3 Likes