What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Diet Ginger Lime Coke. Delicious with my TJ cheddar sticks. :sweat_smile:
#whatireallyeat

Just kidding, I should open up my liquor cabinet, it hasn’t been seeing much action of late. What should I make?

Thanks! I like those glasses, they are 5.5oz coupes made by Libbey. Sturdy, a good size for cocktails, and clean up easy in the dishwasher.

It’s Negroni week, maybe a Negroni?

That sounds great! Any Negroni in particular? Or should I stick with the classic?

A classic Negroni’s always a good call. Or maybe try a Kingston Negroni if you have a good rum:

Recipe from the Death & Co. book:
1oz Smith & Cross rum
1oz Carpano Antica Formula
1oz Campari

Stir and strain into a double rocks glass and garnish with orange twist.

1 Like

Is there anything better than a cold negroni on a hot summer day? I settled on a classic Negroni last night. From my favorite cocktail book, Death & Co.

1 ou Campari
1 ou House Sweet Vermouth (I used Noilly Prat in the photo, Carpano Antica last night)
1 1/2 ou. Tanqueray Gin
Garnish with orange twist

1 Like

How did you get it so purple?

creme de violette

You’d probably like a Boulevardier.

1 Like

I use crème de violette too, mine turn out almost grey. I’m at work now, but when I get home I’ll post a picture.
Still love them.

I’m using Beefeater gin, marshchino liquor and creme de violette with lemon juice. Gin is just what I have on hand.

1 Like

I don’t have a photo of the Aviation, but this is the Bella Luna, which subs elderflower liqueur for maraschino. It’s a lovely grayish purple. My Aviation was similar in color. I used Rothman and Winter Crème de violette.

bella%20luna

2 Likes

Old Fashioneds in my 3 liter barrel. Makes it too easy

1 Like

After months and months stuck in a trial, I’m finally done and can get back to posting drinks and food! In honor of negroni week and my first work free weekend this year, DH made classic negronis with a blood orange garnish.

4 Likes

Pours of Wild Turkey Rare Breed and Russel’s Reserve Single Barrel with a custom Cuban Lonsdale

2 Likes

Black negroni (sub Averna for vermouth). So smooth. Garnish with orange and a cherry.

3 Likes

Rum flip, traditional recipe from Smuggler’s Cove :

1 medium egg
1/4 oz Demerara syrup (I used cane syrup)
2 oz blended aged rum (I used El Dorado 12 year)

Add ingredients to drink mixer and dry flash without ice for 10 seconds. Fill with 12 oz crushed ice and 4-6 small agitator cubes. Flash blend and double strain into chilled coupe and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

I liked it, tasted a bit like eggnog.

4 Likes

OG Mai Tai

Best Mai Tai I’ve ever had, that’s a mai tai done right.

2 Likes

Amelia, from Employees Only in NY. Vodka, St. Germain, blackberry purée, lemon juice.

3 Likes

New York Sour. A whiskey sour topped with Shiraz.

4 Likes