What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

LOL - I love it!

A repeat. Angry Angeleno…bourbon, ginger simple, lime juice, and a few drops of serrano tincture. A few chips and queso dip and everyone was happy.

1 Like

October 1…calls for a Harvest Moon. Rittenhouse rye, Lillet blanc, Laird’s apple jack, green chartreuse, angostura.

And we shared this for lunch. A delicious white DIPA.

2 Likes

A “Royal Red Milkshake” from The Ice Cream Bar in San Francisco.

Duchesse De Bourgogne Flemish Red Ale, Toro Albala Don PX 2010 sherry, Morello cherry ice cream, turbinado syrup.

Good sweet and sour cherry flavor with some booziness.

1 Like

One of my favorites!

1 Like

The Toronto Cocktail. Rye, fernet, honey simple.

Texas sipper…vodka, St. Germaine, grapefruit juice, topped with club soda (we used sparkling wine, because, Sunday!).

Then a champagne cocktail with the rest of the wine, and a sugar cube soaked in pumpkin and salted cacao bitters.

2 Likes

Didn’t get a pic but had this at Reservoir at Arrive Hotel (Palm Springs) last night. It’s called Oh My Gatos.

Scarlet Ibis rum, Cana Brava rum, lemon, orgeat, cane syrup, passion fruit juice, St. George NOLA coffee, Amontillado sherry, grapefruit bitters.

The coffee gives it a deeper, richer, almost savory overtone.

1 Like

Oops. Had the Oh My Gatos at Bootlegger Tiki. Reservoir was something else really good I’ll dig up for a separate post. Maybe too many that night?

Saturday’s lunch beverage:

And Sunday’s:

martinez with plymouth gin, amer bigallet, maraschino

1 Like

Hendricks gin, lavender syrup, ginger liqueur, cucumber, lavender bitters, lemon (by Charlotte voisey )

2 Likes

I wanted to try out our new amaro so DH made Dave Wondrich’s Reanimator. Equal parts amaro nonino and rye.

1 Like

Here’s a variation for you, which I would call the Big Poppy, in honor of the Black Prince himself, “Big Papi” David Ortiz of the Red Sox. Take the Black Prince drink recipe and substitute Grand Poppy liqueur for Averna.

1 Like

Diamondback…rye, yellow chartreuse, and Laird’s. New glasses we picked up at the flea market today.

I got a bottle of dill pickle vodka which I finally had in a Caesar last night- fantastic!!

Super smooth vodka.

Had to Google “Caesar”. Do Canadians have something against Mary? ;o)

Not at all :slight_smile: It’s a totally different taste. I love Caesars but have a hard time drinking a Bloody Mary because I’m not a fan of the straight up tomato juice (albeit with seasonings).

There are a few Bloody Mary mixes sold in the states that contain some clam juice.

Mr and Mrs T’s was the only one that I’ve tried that I liked.