What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Thanks Scuba. DH makes most of our cocktails. While he hates cooking, he has fun making nice drinks.

1 Like

Perfect distribution of labor '-D

1 Like

Manhattans…because it’s our Friday! I should have lots of new drinks to post after Labor Day. Enjoy the holiday and make delicious cocktails. Cheers.

Back from a long weekend in the Bay Area. We sampled and shared a bunch of fun drinks. I’ll try to get the highlights reported…

Barleywino’s Hakkasan recommendation was great. We sat at the bar for a late lunch. Round one:

Smoky negroni for DH and The Queen’s Jubilee for me. My drink had hop infused vodka, elderflower, rose, lemon, and soda water.

Round two at Hakkasan:

DH had the Last Word of Wisdom which was scotch, yellow chartreuse, luxardo, and lemon juice (no pic). I had the Garden Hopper, rum, sugar snap peas, lime, Granny Smith apple juice. Again, both were delicious.

2 Likes

The oyster bar at Hog Island, round one;

Daily special was Oakland Seaport Sour, amaro, rye, chinato, allspice dram, lemon, nutmeg. Tasted like the approaching fall.

Round two;

DH had a San Andreas Fault, amaro, rye, agave, lime, angostura, and mint. I had the Mud Marlin Old Fashioned, rye, black cherry orange vanilla, angostura and orange bitters.

1 Like

Last night out we went to Tosca. We intended to have a drink but we’re having such a nice time with the great bartender that we stayed for dinner.

I had a Golden Year, pineapple, bourbon, bitters, celery, and lemon. DH had the Even Steven, gin, marjoram, lemon, dry sherry, soda. And then vacation was over!

3 Likes

until next year…

Or spring! Thanks again for all the great suggestions.

Zwickl (unfiltered unpasteurized lager, local Tirolian specialty in innsbruck Austria )
Note 1/4 pint glass

Love a Zwickl.

A delicious drink based on a lupine infused grappa, at hotel la Perla (corvara, italy). Also had a very nice gin/punt e mes/campari /pedro ximinez drink.

1 Like

When you can’t decide, go with both.

1 Like

Earlier today after taking out a small dead oak tree

Just finished an Old Fashioned with WT Russell’s Reserve Rye, orange bitters and an orange twist

2 Likes

No name cocktail…our friend sent us some random YouTube video with a cocktail. No measurements were given so we improvised. We decided it was a Fall Old Fashioned.

Bourbon infused with lemon, orange, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, cloves. The infused bourbon is mixed with a bit of honey simple. Orange peel garnish. Really nice drink.

Like the glass with the frozen ice bottom :wink:

drink also reminds me of a nice bourbon cocktail with pineau de charentes instead of simple syrup

Didn’t take a picture of it, but we had a drink called a Black Prince at Eastern Standard in Boston recently, and I asked the bartender for the recipe. Finally got the ingredients this weekend, and made them. What a great drink.

The Black Prince

2oz Ron Zapoteca Rum
1/2 oz Averna
1/2 oz Punt De Mes
1 shake Orange Bitters
stir , strain, serve up with an orange peel.

2 Likes

something like the 1919 cocktail, another great Boston drink

1 Like

With that sloping ice profile, maybe you should call it the Continental Shelf

1 Like