What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

La Louisiane…rye, sweet vermouth, Benedictine, peychauds, absinthe. Cherry garnish.

3 Likes

This was okay. A bit too sweet and smooth for my taste, but still enjoyable.

A bit better than the original Makers with the higher proof. Was tempted to pick up a couple from internet wines. It’s on sale at $25.99 but had already loaded my cart with some Booker’s and passed

1 Like

Macallen 10 yr single malt, tobacco (at hakkasan, sf)

so much fancy! I’m having a Grolsch in front of the tennis. :beers:

1 Like

Going through some rums. Starting with the best, a Foursquare 2004 Exceptional Cask. I purchased 3 a couple of months ago and just ordered more but can’t find the 2 from my original purchase and I know I didn’t drink them. Oh well they’ll show up at some point. Moved on to Appleton Estate 12 yr old. Quite different with a lot of burnt sugar notes and big oak. A solid pour! Next in line is Mount Gay XO. Back to Barbados rum which I’m growing very fond of

1 Like

White sangria from Los Agaves…pisco, white wine, and a whole list of tropical fruits. I appreciated that it’s served without the fruit actually in the drink. The flavors we nice and refreshing on a scorching hot day.

1 Like

Shared this beer with dinner. Toaster Pastry - so named for the new facility 21st Amend. Brewing moved into recently, which used to be a former toaster pastry factory. Very nice balance of hops and malts.

1 Like

Firestone nitro merlin! (@ Dirty water, sf) oatmeal milk stout

2 Likes

Hey Barleywino, DH and I will be in SF in a few weeks. Wonder if you would list a few of your favorite cocktail bars? We will be staying near the Ferry Plaza but can walk or Uber anywhere. Thanks!

(See my pm)

If you haven’t already, maybe share the list on the SF board – I’m sure it would be much appreciated by SFans and visitors alike.

I find my tastes are kind of idiosyncratic and often in the minority, e.g. I’m not as fond of tiki drinks as many people are, I tend to avoid drinks with citrus, i enjoy beer cocktails, etc. So my personal favorites would probably not suit most visitors. Plus good bartenders keep moving around. Also i tend to avoid places that are overcrowded or overly loud. That being said, the places I find most interesting at the moment are those which pop up in this thread in my posts above. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Small local brewery about a mile from my son’s home in Costa Mesa, CA. Had this on draft at a restaurant in Dana Point Harbor. The rye in this mellows out the coconut.

Pretty funny…last night we had dinner at our local brewpub had an IPA on tap we had never heard of. It was from Barley Forge. We don’t get to OC a lot but this might be worth a day trip.

New menu item at our local haunt, Blue Mountain Cup. Scotch, sherry, allspice dram, apple/lemon simple, caribbean jerk bitters, and tonic.

We split a Green Point. Rye, yellow chartreuse, sweet vermouth, orange bitters, angostura.

Sensa spritz. Salers, Dolin dry, simple syrup, and lime juice, muddled with cucumber and a pinch of sea salt. Top with soda water.

5 Likes

Robin, you always have the coolest cocktails. They look so tasty

1 Like