What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

original version has lime, i asked them to leave it out
very refreshing, just needs a pinch of salt

I adore garden peas, but I have to confess that this one doesn’t look even remotely appealing.

I also love peas and thought the green apple complemented the sweet pea well

Bruery white oak (at Dirty water, sf)

1 Like

Sipped some Mount Gay XO rum and Booker’s Small batch bourbon, 2015-06 Noe Secret, before dinner. Both excellent

1 Like

Tomato julep (by Chris Steffen at Hakkasan, sf )

2 Likes

Yesterday we shared this. Nice red beer. I think we have enjoyed everything from Mother Earth Brewing.

And later, a Cocchi Rosa Manhattan.

2 Likes

Gin, hibiscus liquor, lime juice, tonic. Happy Friday!

4 Likes

One of the best cocktails I have had in the past few years. Amazingly complex and extremely balanced, from a variety of Jamaican pot still and Demerara rums, tropical fruit, the spices in the falernum, and noticeable amounts of bitters and absinthe. The Celeste Swizzle from Rum Club, Portland, OR. Sorry about the poor picture quality.
Jamaican Rums, Pineapple & Lime, House Falernum, Demerara Syrup, Bitters, Absinthe, shaken on Crushed ice

3 Likes

A barrel aged Manhattan with a cigar outside my hotel room on Lido Beach. The Manhattan was made with Old Grand Dad 114 , Antica vermouth, Luxardo cherry. Have Manhattans will travel

2 Likes

Niiiiice.

DH believes that a round of beanbag toss requires alcohol. Since it was pretty hot outside, I reached for the Spritz book.

St. Germaine, mint, prosecco, and a bit of club soda.

Niiiice. We’re big beanbag tossers over here as well. Might hafta branch out from our usual G&Ts…

1 Like

Fennel infused vodka, peach, bee pollen (from Mike at Quince, sf)

2 Likes

Mezcal, canton ginger foam, smoked lemongrass (by Mike at quince, sf)

1 Like

Mount Gay XO in the glass tonight. Lovely Barbados rum with no additives

1 Like

I am usually the reasin there’s never any rum.

Have you been dow to SRQ to visit Drum Circle Distillery, where they make Siesta Key Rum?

No but I’ve heard about it and sampled some of their product at the Rum Trade show in Miami a couple of years ago.

A friend and I were on a mission to search out unadulterated rum and find old barreled rums to purchase. Scored on both counts.

1 Like

That sounds positively fantastic!

The foam alone is worth it!