What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

P

Today’s lunch, Pliny and a corpse reviver #2.

2 Likes

Sipping a Dirty Bastard at the moment. Delicious

It’s back in the 100s in So Cal so refreshing was the order. We lost the name for this drink but it was perfectly refreshing. Gin, Campari, lime juice, simple syrup, muddled mint, topped with club soda.

2 Likes

Out to dinner, with a very good shrimp and cheesey grits, I started with a Sazerac. Never having had one before, I changed to their ‘Chasing Alice’ - gin, lavender and lemon.

1 Like

Serve inside watermelon :wink:

1 Like

Room temperature whiskey drink by Chris Steffen (pictured) at Hakkasan (sf)

Had two small pours of single barrel selections of Knob Creek and Smooth Ambler Bourbon, each with a splash of water as the proof was around 120. The Knob Creek won out this evening but the Smooth Ambler was a good contender

1 Like

Gin, yellow chartreuse, pistachio, Wasabi honey (by Caitlin at Pabu, sf)

2 Likes

Recreated a drink we had out recently. Whiskey, blueberry maple syrup (left over from breakfast), mint, lemon juice. Serve on the rocks.

2 Likes

can’t let that blueberry maple syrup go to waste!

1 Like

Sunset Boulevardier. Bourbon, Grand Poppy, sweet vermouth, hibiscus liquor. Served in these cute vintage glasses I found yesterday. The glass is small so we split one cocktail.

2 Likes

just a few more ideas for your alchemist’s laboratory http://www.canonseattle.com/CanonMenu.pdf

Thanks…so many cocktails so little time! The Rubicon is calling my name. And then I’m going to task DH with figuring out Triple Sec foam.

Here’s how Jamie Boudreau makes the foam for his cocktails

2 Likes

2 oz sierra nevada narwhal imperial stout, 1 oz cardamaro

Revisited both the Knob Creek and the Smooth Ambler while playing lead guitar to the Stones, Eric Clapton, John Lennon and the Beatles while contemplating dinner. The KC still takes the cake

Diplomatico rum, snap pea, apple (at hakkasan, sf)

That looks good!