What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

I went out for an early birthday celebration with my staff and the question is more “what didn’t I drink?”

3 Likes

With lunch. We both enjoyed this.

4 roses bourbon, lavender honey, Pliny the elder IPA (by Michael at Quince, SF)

2 Likes

Fascinating…That combines two of DH’s favorites (not the lavender syrup). Did you like the combo? The bourbon and Pliny are both so nice on their own, I would be hesitant to mix them.

there was just 1/2 oz of Pliny in there, i think i would request more next time so i could taste more hoppiness. it came out quite well i thought (there was also a flamed orange peel rubbed on the rim and with orange oils expelled into the drink)

Thanks! I’ll see about replicating this, although finding bottles of Pliny in So Cal is a bit of a challenge.

Maybe you can use Green Flash or Ballast Point sculpin ipa, or something. (Which might suggest a grapefruit peel instead of orange?)

1 Like

Very complex…I guess with a name like Chaos Ladder it would be. Rye, Antica, cynar, fernet, raspberry syrup, orange peals, lemons peals, all shaken. Served over crushed ice. I think I enjoyed it more than DH.

1 Like

Like your bar selections Robin

1 Like

Negroni variation…swapped Poppy liquor for the Campari.

2 Likes

I have a question about this topic. Can we post others drinks besides wine, such as tea, iced teas, coffee, iced coffees, flavored lemonades, sodas, etc…

Welcome DG!

You can post whatever you like (although wine has its own thread). The board is Other Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Drinks!

Or you could even start a new thread for in the Drinks category: What Did You Drink Today (non-alcoholic).

gaffk, First, I’d like to say… thank you for welcoming me to the forum! Also, I think I will start a new category regarding drinks. I hope no one minds (including the administrator of this forum)?

Mind??? The more threads the better.

And maybe you’ll have some good tips for switching up my lemonade (a glass of which I am enjoying as I type). So I look forward to your new thread.

ETA: Love your avatar.

gaffk, In regards to the avatar, thank you!

Also, I have a few variations of flavored lemonade (recipes) I could share. Just have to check the site to see where I can post them.

If you go to the top of the thread and click on “Drinks” right below the thread title, you’ll be taken to the Drinks Board. On that page there is a “Create New Topic” option on the upper right.

Thanks gaffk! I got it!

gaffk, I also wanted to tell you… That Gin and Lemonade go well together! Not sure if you drink alcohol beverages, but these two mixed together, tastes mighty refreshing!

Thanks DG. I do enjoy a cocktail or two. I’ll try the gin and lemonade combo this weekend.

Home from work and sipping one of our Smooth Ambler bourbon barrel picks. 34th anniversary so going OUT for dinner​:roll_eyes::wink:. A nice small higher end restaurant.

Just bought a bottle of Maestro Dobel Diamante tequila. Really good tequila, never had anything quite like it. Great to sip neat.