What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1?

Oh, the Napafication of Bardstown is already upon them. Our first stop was Bardstown Bourbon Co., they are three years old, shiny, beautiful, high end store, restaurant, and breaking ground on a new boutique hotel. I guess the market will decide how far it goes.

1 Like

Margarita-2 parts tequila one part mezcal, green chilli sea salt rim

4 Likes

Espresso with steamed eggnog and a shot of “homemade” coffee liqueur (mix coffee syrup with vodka & let it steep 3 days in the fridge).

Nuf said

4 Likes

Under a C note so in the realm of decent aged malts not bad

In Reykjavik at the mo. Picked up some rye bread infused aquavit at the airport. The missus isn’t keen but I’m getting a taste for it. Very welcome last night while outside trying to see The Northern Lights.

2 Likes

My wife brought some of this back from a trip to Iceland a few years back. We both really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Excellent pick!

1 Like

OWA is a favorite that continues to impress. Got some of the new Full Proof which is bottled at 114 pf. The extra boost in ABV makes it even richer in flavor

I had a great, but tiny cocktail out at a new Viet-Asian resto last Monday night in Seattle. It contained lychee infused Sipsmith Gin, maurin quina, luxardo maraschino, and vermouth. It had some kind of foam on the top, with little green hearts. Tasty!

1 Like

Sounds nice, do you remember the name of the drink?

I found with your description a cocktail called “Rose Colored Glasses”.

I’ll have to look for that. Selection in North Carolina is extremely limited due to the ABCs and Asheville’s place in the distribution list.

You won’t find that bottle shape. They changed the bottle design a few years ago but OWA is still a good buy. This was a single barrel pick we did several years ago

dc5dec1802864e4b216bd65cc966370696495445

Last of the Oaxacans (Variation) - chartreuse, mezcal, lime, cherry brandy dash rhubarb bitters

1 Like

Some bourbon on the rocks that my kind-hearted flight attendant served me as soon as we hit 30,000 feet. I made the mistake of packing my anti-anxiety flight med in my checked luggage :sob::sob::sob:

Best bourbon ever. Bumpy flight.

1 Like

You are indeed correct @naf! Sorry I didn’t provide you the name from the get go.

Had the cocktail (on the right) today that was made of rose infused gin and a bunch of fruits. It was served in this pretty cool glass too and wasn’t too bitter. My friend got the other drink which was quite fun to drink because you can spray the little bottle and prosecco comes out, the lipstick also has some alcohol and the fairy floss was quite tasty.

2 Likes

Bottle beet juice with apple pear and carrot juice via Lidl. Very refreshing as is.

Wow, very pretty and exotic, looking. Do love that glass as well!

We had a G&T for me and a blood orange margarita for H. Couple of seafood apps. Badly needed and much appreciated.

ETA: is the topping on the drink at right pop rocks or sprinkles?

Fabulous cocktail glasses …

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter!

Press Room
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold