What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

A mini Purgatory (Rye, green chartreuse, Benedictine.).

3 Likes

A New York sour - 2oz Evan Williams BiB bourbon, 0.75oz simple syrup, 1oz lemon juice. Shake until cold, strain, and pour into a glass with ice. Float red wine on top. Basically a whisky sour with a red wine float.

3 Likes

FRIDAY 11th September 2020 …
THE QUEST FOR TRUFFLES …

3 Likes

I love a New York Sour!

1 Like

Old fashioned.

5 Likes

Quickie drink: 3:1 ratio of apple cider to Kraken spiced rum, heated up.

3 Likes

Persimmon old fashioned? Muddled persimmon and orange, bourbon, splash ample syrup, strained. Finished with a bit of flamed fresh grated nutmeg.

4 Likes

Last night was a perfect Manhattan for me and an Old Pal for DH. Inspired by the David Leibovitz and Ruhlman Instagram yesterday.

4 Likes

Espresso martini for dessert today - 2oz vodka, 1oz Kahlua, 1oz espresso. Shake and strain into a glass and garnish with coffee beans.

3 Likes

Lovely foam. How vigorous was that shake?

Thanks! I shook it with a normal amount of vigor. The amount of foam was perhaps due to the espresso.

Boulevardier, with dashes of rhubarb and peychauds bitters

1 Like

What bourbon? Sad to say none in the cellar but sounds like Evan Williams small batch could be a good starting point.

DH’s co-worker brought me this craft citrus vermouth. It was delicious topped with a little splash of sparkling water.

2 Likes

Tried it and got a similarly lovely layer of foam. Loved it but because of the sweetness I’d have this after dinner, as you suggested.

2 Likes

Hot buttered rum, from a “kit” from our local tiki bar. So good.

So many of the drinks are absolute works of art!

My drink was a work of art for sure, but the art was all by a bunch of Scotsmen I’ve never met - I did nothing but pour it into a glass.

Don’t do a lot of cocktails but have a barrel of Manhattans in the kitchen.
Had a couple pours of a barrel selected Privateer rum before dinner this evening

3 Likes

59 posts were merged into an existing topic: What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

This thread is getting too long with more than 1000 posts, to avoid problems, a new drink thread is started, posts from 2021 onwards!

3 Likes