What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Do you know which gin they have used?

These days, I’m reading on different gins.

Gorgeous Guinea Fowl …

Yes, a Calvados Brine is amazing.

Naf,
This is one of the brands we use at home.

It was Tanqueray, by my request @naf. Delicious!

1 Like

We have been drinking bourbon! DH wanted to do some of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail so we finally got a quick trip booked. Stayed in Lexington for 4 days and had a great time!! Learned a lot, met great people, walked miles and miles, and of course, drank. We hit big and small, new and old, high tech and low tech. I won’t post all the distilleries etc., but here are a few.

Willet - beautiful property, still family owned and operated.

Woodford Reserve - a newer distillery operating on a very history property.

Makers Mark - we were able to do a small tour early morning before they opened that focused on the art at the property, including a local glass maker with a special exhibit. This was so much fun.

5 Likes

Have not been to Woodford or Makers but have crawled through the Willet rickhouses tapping barrels and done many barrel picks there. Drew is taking it to a new level. Getting a bit too high end. His products no longer make economic sense for our group. I can see the Napafication of Bardstown and Louisville coming

2 Likes

Oh, the Napafication of Bardstown is already upon them. Our first stop was Bardstown Bourbon Co., they are three years old, shiny, beautiful, high end store, restaurant, and breaking ground on a new boutique hotel. I guess the market will decide how far it goes.

1 Like

Margarita-2 parts tequila one part mezcal, green chilli sea salt rim

5 Likes

Espresso with steamed eggnog and a shot of “homemade” coffee liqueur (mix coffee syrup with vodka & let it steep 3 days in the fridge).

Nuf said

4 Likes

Under a C note so in the realm of decent aged malts not bad

In Reykjavik at the mo. Picked up some rye bread infused aquavit at the airport. The missus isn’t keen but I’m getting a taste for it. Very welcome last night while outside trying to see The Northern Lights.

2 Likes

My wife brought some of this back from a trip to Iceland a few years back. We both really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Excellent pick!

1 Like

OWA is a favorite that continues to impress. Got some of the new Full Proof which is bottled at 114 pf. The extra boost in ABV makes it even richer in flavor

I had a great, but tiny cocktail out at a new Viet-Asian resto last Monday night in Seattle. It contained lychee infused Sipsmith Gin, maurin quina, luxardo maraschino, and vermouth. It had some kind of foam on the top, with little green hearts. Tasty!

1 Like

Sounds nice, do you remember the name of the drink?

I found with your description a cocktail called “Rose Colored Glasses”.

I’ll have to look for that. Selection in North Carolina is extremely limited due to the ABCs and Asheville’s place in the distribution list.

You won’t find that bottle shape. They changed the bottle design a few years ago but OWA is still a good buy. This was a single barrel pick we did several years ago

dc5dec1802864e4b216bd65cc966370696495445

Last of the Oaxacans (Variation) - chartreuse, mezcal, lime, cherry brandy dash rhubarb bitters

1 Like