What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Split this with some frozen pizza.

Had some of this Blanche DuBois oaked strong blonde ale (pun on Streetcar Named Desire, of course) brewed at Bon Marche (SF) by brewmeister Rich HIggins, Master Cicerone http://cicerone.org/content/master-cicerone

Old fashioned tonight. I usually put a burnt orange peal in them but I am out of oranges but they are still good.

Barolo Chinato at Quince ( SF)

Blonde ale while camping (fellow camper demonstrating glass bottom tankard )

1 Like

Rome With A View. Campari, dry vermouth, lime juice, simple syrup, orange garnish. Serve over ice and top with club soda.

`

1 Like

Not what I drank, but will be drinking:

1 Like

At dinner last evening at Eastern Standard (Boston)

Toronto x 2
Sazerac x 1

Are they still doing the Hoskins?

Don’t remember seeing it on the menu, but I didn’t look at it too closely, as I saw the Toronto on the menu, and felt like that, and I always end my night at a bar/restaurant with a Sazerac.

Tonight was cheap rum and coke (with lime, please!) while watching the sun set over the water while being pulled from one table to another to laugh and chat, before sitting down to a fresh fish sandwich and more conversation with mroe friends.

An awesome Friday night, really.

1 Like

I tried a negroni again. I’m still not a fan of Campari. Loved the new gin though!

1 Like

maybe try it in the Boulevardier instead of Negroni

3 Beefeater martinis followed by too much Jura Origin.:cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::scream_cat:

Boulevardier was much better than a negroni for me. Thanks to this board I’m also now a fan of gin, but I prefer it neat.

If you’re liking gin, the Martinez is a nice drink (punt e mes, maraschino, orange peel, stir for a long time)

1 Like

A flight of dessert wines

Since when are dessert wines not considered “wines”???

Well, since you include sake (rice wine) in this category, why not dessert wine? :wink:

Hooker’s House Straight Bourbon Whiskey, finished in Pinot Noir barrels: This is a 100° proof/50% abv Bourbon whiskey that aged for seven years in Kentucky, prior to being shipped to California and Prohibition Spirits in Sonoma, where it ages for 9 months in Pinot Noir barrels sourced from Schug Winery. To say it’s “High Rye” is a bit of an understatement! It’s 54% corn & 46% rye! One of the most intriguing Bourbons I’ve had in a long time – elements of Pinot Noir really come through in this very smooth, very supple Bourbon. So, on top of the oak and caramel and rye spice in the nose come the hints of cherry and red fruits; on the palate, the flavors are classic Bourbon, surprisingly subdued rye notes, but then the fruit and grape notes come up at the back and through the finish . . .