What are you listening to?

King crimson was indeed epic…so much love for their live shows!
And Mel Collins!

2 Likes

Very cool. I saw King Crimson at The Pier in NYC (defunct outdoor space on the waterfront) in 1988/89. There may or may not have been psychedelics involved.

1 Like

RIP, Meatloaf!

5 Likes

I read that earlier. Never saw him but who didn’t like Bat out of Hell?
He like too many left too early.

2 Likes

Just read about it in RS online. RIP MeatLoaf.

1 Like

cool tribute.

3 Likes

RIP Don Wilson

4 Likes

Hometown boy near where I live, there was a lot about him in the local news, and he was getting some wonderful tributes. RIP.

1 Like

And another one bites the dust. RIP
One of my favorites, great way to get the old heart pumping in the morning.

2 Likes

RIP Beegie

2 Likes
2 Likes

After dinner . Brian Culbertson Friday show on you tube . Having some wine .

1 Like

A little snow here in NE today, listening to the Hot Sardines

4 Likes

I’m not a city of angels guy, but this is fun…

2 Likes

Nippon.com: Okuda Hiroko: The Casio Employee Behind the “Sleng Teng” Riddim that Revolutionized Reggae.
https://www.nippon.com/en/japan-topics/g02027/
One more…

Thanks for that link. Reading it was definitely fun. Can’t say that I agree with much of it, but it reminded me to go back & listen to some stuff I’d long forgotten about. But, really… if you’re going to include Tim Buckley, do you seriously think Starsailor is the one?

2 Likes

Had the exact same reaction. Sinatra is a big oversight along with many others. I always find lists like this interesting. What’s plucked vs what isn’t. But being reminded of the indiv songs that are chosen usually becomes a fun way to reacquaint.

Lists come down to either limited data or limited exposure.

1 Like

Both soundtracks, minus the sprinkle of pop hits, from both seasons of HBO’s, Raised By Wolves is on repeat now.

1 Like

How can one not include the obvious.

And it seems to leave out all wrecking crew/Gold Star contributions.
I think LA represents something mythical to those in other locales, different than the residents, it seems.

1 Like

Touche! I think we all agree about lists. Not so neat and tidy.

1 Like