URGENT: Your favorite / go-to banana bread (or cake or muffin) recipe please!

(Dan) #21

As for muffins, since I am particular about pumpkin spice overload, I posted my sisters monster pumpkin muffins during Halloween discussions. She uses a 6 capacity muffin tin. These are moist, spiced well and have a nice domed rise. Often mistaken for bakery bought because they look so nice out of the tin…but its the flavor and texture that really stands out. I haven’t baked them myself and my sib never uses a smaller muffin tin. They taste great. Yes, they are on the sweeter side.

pumpkin muffins-origin unknown

1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon mace
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan.
Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, mace, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon.
In another bowl beat together the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree and water. Add to the flour mixture and beat until the batter is combined. Divide batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake in center of preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes before turning out.

(Miss_belle) #22

Not to down anyone else’s recipes here, but I decided to go with your suggestion of Aunt Holly’s banana bread. It said 3-4 bananas. I used 4. Didn’t specify what size loaf pan but I only have 8” x 4” so that’s what I used. Took a full 60 mins. Turned out so flavorful and moist. Gets better as the days go on. Just wanted to say thank you. But no chocolate chips in mine.:blush:

(saregama) #23

I’m so glad it worked for you too! And you just reminded me to copy over the recipe :smile:

(Miss_belle) #24

Throckwood - Your ATK post recipe sounded really interesting to me. But the more I thought about I was envisioning a whole sink full of dirty pots/pans and dishes.for one loaf of banana bread. No offense intended ok. I’m sure it’s really good… I don’t have a dishwasher so I always take consideration into cleanup too.:blush:

Oh those people at ATK have a special talent for making slightly fussy recipes with lots of dishes! (And a crew who does clean up for them)
Glad you loved the recipe you made :))