Trip report [Round Pond, Maine]

We wanted to go to Pickled Wrinkle when we were in Gouldsboro in July. Sadly, they were closed. I wonder if they’ve re-opened. Place sounds right up our alley.

2 Likes

I checked the Pickled Wrinkle website just now and they are only open for takeout. That’s very sad to me since it sounds like it’s very much a community gathering place. Hope they make it through this and that we will be able to visit them one day. They have dulse chips on the menu right now which have me very intrigued. It’s definitely not your mother’s pub grub.

3 Likes

I am following in @digga’s footsteps (always a wise thing to do in matters of food and travel) and continuing my Covid exile in Round Pond.

I paid my first but definitely not last visit to Broad Arrow Farm in nearby Bristol Mills today. Bought some gorgeous meat and various sundries and joined their Suppah Club. For a one-time fee of $10, you get added to their mailing list and get advance notice and a chance to reserve one or more of the two mains and four sides they make each week with local ingredients. You can skip any week and it goes all winter. And the sorts of things they make sound great. So I’m excited for that! Between this place and the admirable Damariscotta co-op I will eat well this winter.

Next I headed into Damariscotta to do a couple of errands and spotted new to me Oysterhead Pizza Co (which turned out to be celebrating its one year anniversary). There were plenty of outside tables and it was a gorgeous day so wood oven pizza for lunch it was - and man was it ever good! I very rarely eat the crusts on pizza but I sure did here!

5 Likes