THE WESTCHESTER- food court

So we were at The Westchester on Sunday and the food court (aka Savor) was DEAD at 12:30pm, very few customers, even at Mighty Quinns. I spoke to the manager at one of the places and she told me that business has been slow for the past few months since the Apple Store closed for renovations. I also noticed that they have a promotion offering free parking on weekdays from 11a-2p with a $15 purchase at the food court, so obviously they’re not getting people to drive over for lunch as the $3 parking fee is a deterrent. The wording on the offer was a bit ambiguous in that they used “receipt” and “receipts” in different places, so you might need to spend the full amount at one stand. Also, Hai Street didn’t offer a printed receipt, they could only email or text it to me, and the offer required a printed receipt, so I’m not sure how well that will work (or if the no receipt issue was just temporary).

Oh, and the sushi burrito at Hai Street was pretty good. I’d had the poke at one of their Manhattan locations and wanted to try something different.

I’ve now added the melt shop to the list of restaurants in the Westchester that I’ve tried. I’d say all of them are sub-par as a destination. Have re-thought MQ after several tries and decided it’s pricey for mediocre Q. The pizza place is just average despite the fancy oven. Melt was only fair -but in fairness, I expected the sandwich to be alot different from what was delivered (the steak sandwich - but I don’t remember what I didn’t care for ) (extremely forgettable?). Sad when the pretzel shop (below) may still be the best food in the place.

Maybe because its summer? Too bad - maybe they should have stuck with Nathans!!

Yes, could be due to summer. But that they are offering free parking on weekdays implies it’s not that busy then, either. I think the novelty has worn off and people aren’t going out of their way to eat there.

1 Like