The Table (at Season To Taste), North Cambridge, MA - WOW!

Went to Table At Season To Taste last evening for our anniversary dinner, and it was one of the best meals I’ve had at a restaurant in Boston in a few years. It’s a 4 course tasting with 2 choices per course for $65 per person. We also got the $40pp wine pairing. We wanted to try everything, so we got one of each item on the menu, and nothing was disappointing. I asked for a copy of the menu so I could get everything right.

amuse: house made corn tortillas with cultured butter, tomatillo salsa, and cojita cheese

First course: Mixed Heirloom tomato salad with shrimp, curried cashews, and pickled mango vinaigrette / Veal and Goat Cheese rillettes with pole beans, almonds, and whole grain mustard

Second Course: Pork rib and Shoulder Red Curry with Japanes Eggplant, Roasted Peanuts, and dried shrimp / Rigatoni alla Puttanesca with swordfish confit, sun gold tomatoes, taggiasca olives

Third Course: Braised Lamb Meatballs and zuchini with coucous, spiced pistachio, and preserved lemon yogurt / Roasted local Hake chowder with smoked bacon, local corn, and crispy potatoes

Fourth course: Chocolate layer cake with raspberry sorbet, house made sprinkles, and pistachio shortbread / Yogurt parfait with heirloom melons, figs, and honey crisps

At the end of the meal, we were given two wheat/fig/cardamom cookies, and two house made granola bars for breakfast today.

All in all, a fantastic meal, and we can’t wait to go back to see what else Chef Carl Dooley has up his sleeve!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. I love this place.

Chef must own a hake farm. It has been on every menu I have seen in one form or another.