The most fun restaurants in nj?

Has anyone been to Shut Up And Eat in Toms River? It’s quite busy in there most of the times I’ve been there. Diner food. Lots of little items all over to look at. The staff dresses in pajamas. If you dress in pajamas you get a 13% discount. They use the number 13 to be odd.

The only thing I don’t care for is that all their plates, glasses, and silverware (and heck tables and chairs too) seem to be from the fleamarket/thrift stores. None of them match on purpose. WHen one breaks you don’t have to worry about getting a matching one.

PS - There’s some stuff in this thread that looks like I need to visit ASAP. Lun Wah in Roselle Park has great food and great decor.

@NotJrvedivici Wait… you get a drink for $3 and get a free omelette or pizza? I am so there.

You read that correct!!! $ 3.00 legit pour of vodka or champagne in a bloody Mary or Mimosa AND you get a coupon for a free omelette at their omelette station. I will tell you this much too, you could put the omelette station at the Molly Pitcher in and you won’t get a better omelette, any combination of ingredients made to order!! Even the pizza’s are home made, they have a guy with little dough balls rolling out each one. (this is their Sunday Brunch…although I think the pizza’s are every day after 2pm) Oh topping’s on the pizza are $1.00 per., plain is free.

I can only go if I know I’m off from work in Monday because I get too wasted to function the rest of the day and will be too hung over on Monday. The place is ridiculously fun / good time.

1 Like

Their website says “Free pizza all day every day”. So, what exactly is it? A slice I’d imagine?

HMM… this place gets some bad reviews on Yelp! for rudeness, being overcharged and then being kicked out.

It’s a personal pie. Toppings are a buck each!

Completely right - hangs head in shame. It has been around for decades, much longer than most restaurants too!

As joon said it’s a true personal pie, 4 small slices. Listen, this place is a bar first and foremost. You are NOT going there for the food, but they do use food to draw people into the bar. It is a fun place…but also like I said I only really go Sunday mornings, I get there around 10am stay till 2-3pm and go home and pass out. lol Wake up sometime around 4-5 am and nurse my hangover all Monday saying; “I"ll never go back there again…” (repeat about every 3-4 mos.)

“Damn that’s a great list people. But how has everyone failed to mention Medieval Times?”

Here is my Medieval Times story for you Joon. I did a company “family night out” where I invited my employees and their children to Medieval Times. (I thought it would be a nice team building off hours socializing opportunity) Well I of course pre-gamed a bit, and when we got to Medieval Times I was “feeling good”…everything was going well. As you know, it’s a bit of a zoo of an atmosphere waiting to be seated, keeping everyone together and coordinating your group until you get seated. Once we were all in our section etc. I decided I needed a re-charge down at the bar, I didn’t want to be drinking too much in front of everyone and their family’s so in the darkness I snuck down to the bar.

Me_; Bartender give me a shot of Jager !! (just looking for maximum buzz factor in limited time)_
Bartender; (looking at me like I have 3 heads) Sir we aren’t allowed to poor shots.
Me; (rolling my eyes) fine give me a double Jager on the rocks_(I’m not allowed a shot so I had to double the ante)_
Bartender; (pours my double on the rocks)
Me; (picks up the glass and tries to use my teeth to hold back the ice as I chug my double shot)
Rogue Icecube; F You Jr and your lame teeth guard, I’ll evade that!!! (Lodges itself in my throat)
Me; choking / gagging / choking /gagging in a bit of distress with a mouth full of Jager I turn my head and force a loud cough, which sends a fair amount of Jager spraying from my mouth…all over the two 10 year old boys who just happened to be standing there.
Bartender; (into his microphone) Code Blue at Forge Bar, CODE BLUE.
Me; with a handful of napkins drying the boys face & hair…I’m soooooooo sorry.

Since I was the one paying the bill for a small party they decided not to throw me out, however my “wench” was informed I was cut off, and I wasn’t allowed to leave my seat again for the balance of the night.

No lie, I haven’t been back to Medieval Times since, this was probably 15 years ago.

1 Like