The future is here........

That would be me.

I struggle enough with the PC - once I’ve been properly shown how to do something and practiced it then I’m OK but I’ve no intuition for technology. Also, I’m one of the small minority of people in the western world who manages life quite happily without a mobile phone of any sort, let alone a smartphone.

1 Like

Cool machine. Pretty soon, you won’t need the hired help to bring the food - it will come down a chute.
I’ve seen these at Chili’s too. I think it’s great - just a shame Applebee’s, Chili’s and the such are not investing in their food as much as their machines.

1 Like

You know, of course, there used to be a place called The Automat. May still be one left in Manhattan… haven’t checked.

http://www.theautomat.net/

Last NYC Automat closed over 25 years ago. And that was a last hold out, moist of the original 40 NYC locations were gone in the 70’s. I do remember going to one in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

Not a big fan of Applebee’s, but I’d eat there over Chili’s any day

You have a son?

:slight_smile:

Anyway, yes, I have seen a few of these electric ordering menu, especially at the airport restaurants. It is a little like the self check out lines at various stores. Overall, it is a little faster – assuming you know what are doing. You can have one cashier (or in this one wait staff) to responsible for many more customers.

I’ve got a daughter too! She’s 21 this August he recently turned 18 and is off to college.

If you remember I started a thread about the wings at Hooters about six months ago. The location we had lunch at was near were you previously lived, that lunch was on our way back from Rider University open house. He’s heading there in the fall.

Oh yes.

Applebee’s will never be my choice, but it’s still way better than Chili’s.