Taste of Guizhou 贵州味道 [Boston, MA]

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats on a great piece of intel and writing! But as @digga says, we already knew you were legit. 100%

1 Like

Bravo, @anon6418899! You scored a byline in Eater Boston. Such an informative piece with great photos to match.

I hope you decide to do more writing like this. I devour that kind of content. Go, anon6418899!

2 Likes

I have a couple more coming! Thanks for the compliments, those are just iPhone 6s shots believe it or not, but I am a “professional” photographer, although I haven’t shot a paid event since Feb 2020! My first one is coming up this weekend, a bit nervous about being rusty!

4 Likes

I beg to differ here, @anon6418899! The first Guizhou restaurant would be the prior version of IQ Kitchen in Newton - granted their offering was limited to rice noodle soup and rice dishes. I have not had these in China so it’s hard to talk authenticity, but the owner put a lot of care into it by making her own sour pickles and rice noodles and the end products were ridiculously tasty. It was the talk of the town when it first opened, and people were gutted when she left. I believe she has moved on to Shin Hakata Ramen near Symphony, but not sure how she’s doing these days.

7 Likes

@sunnyday great to see you and your knowledge here

3 Likes

I stand corrected then. I went a couple of times but couldn’t figure out what was going on between the transition from China City? To IQ and then an ownership change. I mostly went for the Jiang Bing Guo Zi so I incorrectly assumed some kind of mandarin mashup place

1 Like

None of the links in this thread work. I’m guessing the place has closed. It came and went and I never even heard of it. Guess I better try the Uighur place before it closes.