Software upgraded- site layouts to be restored soon

Ah the sticky bar with the rollover animation, actually I kind of like it. :smile:

Problem I forget what it was like before.

It’s fine, but I already know what topic I’m in (which is what the new sticky serves to remind of), and if I’m quickly going through notifications, it’s now much slower - have to add a scrolling step to get back my profile icon and the rest of the notifications.

Actually by scrolling up slightly each time after you scroll down the page, you can keep your bar with avatar.

I don’t mind the title bar, it will be nice to keep avatar on the title bar too.

@hungryonion @sck

With the update, another issue I notice, URL doesn’t show preview anymore.

For example an Amazon link has no picture and description compared to automatic generate before.

Also, the picture sizes are limited to 750 px.

Are these changes intentional?

Personally, I’d regard that as an improvement.

As an example, I used Amazon (I agree that it’s a good thing), but the URL can be a link towards an article too. Or even a link in HO.

Do you have an example? I suspect that its because generating the preview goes into the same process queue as the notification. So things are backed up.

What do you mean by 750px?

Oh the images in preview mood, you can zoom. 750px is the size maximum of preview.

Can you include a screenshot? I am not sure where you are referring to still.

I mean, since the site has no delay now, the zoom function comes back, the post shows both the preview and the zoom images (if they are big), no more problem. I didn’t know that the 750 px was the standard preview size.

Just noticed the upload picture arrow has moved from the top bar to the bottom right…?