Six more months in Boston. Please add to my "can't miss" list!

Where are you moving Honkman? Seems like just yesterday when you moved here from…San Diego, I think?

You are right, we moved from San Diego to Boston 5 years ago. We are moving to San Francisco now which was really not planned. Just one year ago we started talking about how we like Boston and we started more seriously looking where to buy a house in this area. But than Covid started which had some unexpected consequences on different companies and ultimately when looking for a job nationwide the offer for in SF was too good to reject even though we really didn’t want to move (and in the moment hope to get vaccinated before the move).

6 Likes

Well, you’ll be missed around here. Hope that your new chapter is wonderful!

3 Likes

I agree with tomatotomato…honkman, you will be missed. I hope SF works out well for your family and for you professionally. I left SF Bay area for Boston in 1989 and I still miss it in some ways, but for many reasons (including that we are 65) we are here to stay, or at least in New England, where our adopted son has biological siblings. You must have gotten a great offer there compared to all the biotech opps that are here. You will get better local produce for longer, that’s for sure! I am glad Boston worked out well for you for a while, and let us know how it goes after you move. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Thanks for all your insights, Honkman. Keep us updated. Hopefully with a lot of fuel consumed, fires in Napa, Sonoma, East Bay won’t be as common, at least for a while.

2 Likes

Some places I don’t think have been mentioned and that I like and some unique to MA. But I’m probably going to repeat some. And I don’t know what’s currently or will be opened. Hope some will still be standing during the next 6 months.

Tiger Mama
Myers and Chang
Select Oyster
Branchline
ICOB Burlington at the bar (love the corner right when you walk in)
Buk Kyung Union Sq for Korean-Chinese
KO Pies at the Shipyard (this is their last year in business)
Avenue, Ball Sq for Detroit pizza
Dakzen
East Cambridge for Brazilian
Fall River for Azorean
Road trip to Providence/RI (Nick’s/Big King/north, etc.; Blount clam shack Warren; Quito’s Bristol; Red Dory Tiverton)
Road trip to central Mass - Treehouse Brewery
Road trip to Kittery for Anju
Little Big Diner
Several in Chinatown RIP

5 Likes