[Singapore] Dim Sum from ๐—๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ช๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด, Singapore National Museum - ***CLOSED***

Singaporeโ€™s Dessert Queen, Janice Wong, has branched out to serve her own artistic take on Cantonese dim sum, creating some of the most ethereally beautiful dim sum in Singapore.

1. Shrimp and fish roe siew mai.

2. Scallop & olive oil caviar siew mai.

3. Portobello, rosemary and caviar siew mai.

4. Her โ€œXiao long baoโ€ were also interesting - I especially liked the whisky-pork XLB :slight_smile:

5. For something more substantial, the scallop somen with fish roe, ebi, scallops and salted egg-yolk sauce was pretty good.

Janice Wing is at the Singapore National Museum in Dhoby Ghaut.

Address
Janice Wong Singapore Restaurant
93 Stamford Road
National Museum Singapore, 01-06
Singapore 178897
Tel: +65 97125338
Opening Hours: Monโ€“ Sat: 11am โ€“ 11pm; Sun: 11am โ€“ 6pm.

5 Likes

They look very artfully done with western plating techniques. How did the taste compare against the look?

No old cart ladies I suppose?

Definitely no more carts in Singapore, except at Red Star Restaurant - a wonky old dim sum spot on Chin Swee Road, quite near Chinatown.

Tastewise, I wasnโ€™t as impressed - owner Janice Wong is better known for her beautiful desserts. The dim sum introduced here is really a precursor towards her elaborate dessert selection. Iโ€™m not too much into sweets these days, so ended up with ironically the weaker components of her restaurantโ€™s menu.