Silliness (2018 Thread)

Too funny. I used to walk by that place all the time and joked my friend should bring her chow chow there to make the place authentic to the signage.

Regarding the first picture of the beer truck accident, one of my neighbors owned a truck repair facility, they also did towing. A ShopRite tractor/trailer was involved in an accident and the truck and trailer were brought to his facility. Apparently ShopRites policy is any contents involved in an accident must be disposed of, the contents regardless of their condition cannot be brought to their store for delivery and sale. So the driver liking my neighbor allowed him and his crew to have at the contents of the truck. My neighbor who drives a van as his personal vehicle FILLED it to the brim with free groceries.

It was like something out of a movie him in his driveway dividing up his “take” among the neighbors! lol

1 Like

nice dish

Now that I see this picture, if memory serves me correct, there was a member of the “Other site” (Oh I forgot it’s encouraged to use Chowhound by name to increase our google search) who use to carry Tabasco* in a similar manner.

(* Typo corrected per proofreader Lingua’s catch! )

Tobacco or Tabasco?

1 Like

That lingua’s really something, ain’t she? '-D

3 Likes

New tobacco flavoured tabasco.

NotJr, so it does exist. People who have hot sauce holsters and use them.

Btw, wth is on the woman’s plate (on the floor)? Bread and butter?

4 Likes

This one’s for you JMF…given the weather here today

I have actually eaten those whole canned chickens. They’re actually not awful – especially shredded into a stock with some dumplings.

We kept 1-2 on board when we lived aboard a sailboat when I was a teenager. They worked extremely well when we hadn’t been near a store in a while.

I remember them being very, very salty.

The food at Shopsins is great IMO.

This is how Saudis smuggle booze into the country. Looks like they prefer Johny Walker.

http://i.imgur.com/pDatRRK.jpg

1 Like

Pizza and movie rental under one roof.

Cunning

sweet ramen?

1 Like

Perhaps the best sandwiches we’ve ever had!

1 Like

How to quickly remove a coconut husk:

1 Like

Whoa! And such enthusiasm!!

Hahaha… thanks!

I ordered a green coconut at the night market (in Kuala Lumpur) , and the stall minder, a boy who was probably not a day older than 10, picked up a machete and proceeded to hack open the coconut. I was terrified. I said to him something along the lines of “OMG, no no no!!! I can wait. You go get your father/mother/someone to crack it open for me.” He said, in fluent English, “it’s OK. I do it every day”. I was worried : ( A little boy and a big knife. He sliced off the top, through the thick exocarp (fibrous husk when young/immature is green), and cracked it open flawlessly. I was so relieved.

1 Like

Haven’t had/seen this yet… Zebra steaks! (which supermarket is this in France?)

OK, what’s going on here? Something must have gone “bang!” from the reactions of the couple in the foreground.

I think this is Frizzle’s 4 year old book.

I have seen gulls steal fried potatoes straight from someone’s paper scone just like this.

The brand Saveurs Forestieres is Lidl, I believe. (It always made me laugh at the absolute menagerie of steaks on offer in France at Christmas – lion! Zebra! Camel! Kangaroo! Ostrich! )

I love, love the story with the cat and the hot dogs. That’s me to a T.

And here on the coast, they string ceilings over the snack bars at the beach with fishing line, as the thieving gulls (aka rats with wings) are absolutely ruthless about stealing anything someone might have brought to eat.

Throwing food to the seagulls on the beach in Florida will ensure that at least one of your neighbors will kick sand in all your stuff.

1 Like

Thought you might get a kick out of this.

1 Like