Silliness (2018 Thread)

:joy:

3 Likes

The fact that it even exists. :thinking:

Don’t want this to happen to me!

The t-shirt to advertise for him? Is this an “artesanal” hipster coffee rig? This past summer there was one like this at one of the markets I go to, didn’t last long though.

Squirrel being spoilt.

I hope this is not real.

1 Like

I hope my backyard squirrels never see this . . . they’re spoiled enough already :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not many squirrels here and none in my garden. Some field mice freeloading on bird feeders. Haven’t seen them in recent months, though. I bring in the feeders at night now.

My backyard is squirrel central. The oaks drop a ton of acorns and then I invite the blue jays with peanuts (squirrels just take advantage of my enjoyment of the jays). Add seeds and suet for the other birds and it’s a squirelly party :blush:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

I have a ton of squirrels but they don’t really bother me but you know who does, the chipmunks!! Chipmunks are little s.o.b’s, they raid my garden and there is no netting that can keep them out, and to add insult to injury they LOVE to leave their bounty in clear sight. Nooooo they can’t steal the food and bring it back to their home, or go somewhere out of the way to enjoy the fruits (or vegetables) of their labor, nope. They eat right on the stairs leading to the garden, so when you come out in the morning you have to step over all the cherry tomato remains from their feast. OR…they like to leave their remnants right on retaining wall of the drive way, directly in front of where you park. So when you get up to go somewhere you once again see how badly your garden was raided. Then when I get out to inspect the damage closer I swear I can hear them laughing…yes…oh yes…chipmunks laugh and it sound just like that stupid cartoon. Dam you chipmunks dam you straight to HELL !!!

6 Likes

Wow, they sound like a pack of A-holes?! I had no idea. Looks like lots of people have the same problem and asking the webz how to get rid of them. Good luck!
…

New tea invention?

:cold_sweat:

Make your own food anywhere.

You may play with your food.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’ll never forget when I was 14/15 years old I just ate a large can of Chef Boyardee (cold straight out of the can) reading: “ Family Size”.

3 Likes

Lol, gross … that sounds like a hangover cure
DH gets a craving now and then … I walk away
from him in the supermarket isle

2 Likes

I used to eat that stuff straight out of the can too!!

1 Like

But you were a teenage boy. I’ve had a few encounters with teen boys lately that just fascinated me (I was one of 4 girls in my family).

Mom was in the hospital recently, so I popped in to a Wendy’s for a quick bite. Two teenage boys in soccer uniforms were in front of me and ordered 2 or 4 of just about everything. I assumed they were buying for the team. I got my spicy chicken sandwich and fries and sat down . . . across from those boys scarfing those trays full of food. Before I could even finish my sandwich they were discussing what they should get next :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mom, still in the hospital, I stopped at a local pizza place and ordered a hoagie (with an eye to taking half to mom . . . she had no dietary restrictions and we all know what hospital food is). A father and son sat down; son ordered 2 cheesesteaks, dad just had one. They finished before I ate my 1/2 hoagie. (And yes, it occurred to me I only noticed what others were eating because I was eating out alone; usually I can’t tell you who is at the other tables, let alone what they ate.)

Christmas Day? My very thin great nephew who wrestles at about 124 lbs had a plate of food that had everything on it. Food piled on food. Apparently he burns the calories as he eats :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

My 14yo now eats a full box of Kraft mac and cheese by himself (not often, luckily!). Last month, as he sat down to eat, I said “you do realize that box is supposed to be 4 servings, right?” He takes a bite, looks at me as he chews, and then says, “maybe if you’re feeding 4 Oompa Loompas…” LOL

5 Likes

At almost 50 I can still eat a whole box of mac and cheese. Honestly the powdered cheese is easier to eat in bulk than the cheese sauce packets though - can still do it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. The saddest day of my teenage life was when Stouffers came out with single-serving lasagna. I thought that WAS a single serving!

6 Likes

Were you 12 :wink:
Apparently you and notJr have moved on … DH not so much
although he does heat it, which may in fact not improve things?

1 Like

I hate to admit it, but I loved that garbage into my early 20’s!

1 Like

Now that my son is college age there has been a reintroduction off Chef Boyardee into our home so I have recently tried it again after a 30+ year lay off. I have no idea what in the hell I found appetizing about that crap. Honestly it tasted like Italian Dog Food, which I’m pretty sure what Boyardee translates to from Italian.

3 Likes