Silliness (2018 Thread)

OK… what is that REALLY?

Yup! I like “fancy” grilled cheese sandwiches with brie and caramelized onions or ham or whatever, but sometimes, you need a basic grilled cheese with white bread and Kraft singles.

2 Likes

No disrespect to the gluten intolerant

1 Like

I like how they offer Oil saturation, fresh oil saturation if you’re watching your health, and more oil, in case you haven’t had enough.

1 Like

Butter sandwiched between toasted bread. ‘More’ is supposed to be toast. Saturation is supposed to be bread. translate fail.

I kept Velveeta on hand (and American slices in plastic) just for grilled cheese sandwiches, until we moved to France, where as you can guess, neither are available. After living in the pays du fromage for a few years, I just can’t do it any more.

Oh yes – Presunto – I almost forgot - there IS a version – La Vache qui Rit makes a “fromage fondu pour burger” – it’s not as vile as the American stuff, but pasteurised-processed-cheese-food enough to give you an idea.

Now that my body has decided to no longer digest lactose, I avoid all of it…

I keep velveeta on hand for the “base” cheese for a lot of my Mac-n-cheeses. Melt that with some truffle oil and a sharp provolone, mix it with a port wine pub cheese, it’s a good base.

How to get your dog to stay still for the photo

Some ARSEHOLE! Really now.

Would you wear this?

Still got it

2 Likes

OK, that HUGE bite of cheese out of a wrapped chunk of cheese is nuts! And I LOL’d at the dog picture.

2 Likes

I took a bite out of a piece of cheesecake on a desert tray that was brought to our table one time. (I fessed up after the waiter didn’t notice and left the table with the tray sans one big bite of cheesecake)

1 Like

Seems ligit

There’s a portuguese proverb that goes something like this: when wine goes down, words go up.

Clever packaging designs

I want to check it out since I’m here in Quebec City at the moment

5 Likes

This stuff is actually really good… and the frogs don’t seem to mind at all.

Our work group once went to a Chinese restaurant near work with the boss who was visiting the office. When we sat down, I asked the owner where in China the chef was from (so I could figure out what to order). After the owner left the table, my boss said to me, ‘they probably have Mexicans cooking in the back anyway’.

So yes, this place can quite possibly have the best Mexican food in town!

1 Like

Very strong language warning

I don’t find this particularly funny … however the book could make
a terrific gag or serious gift for the right person
the recipes look great

Yeah, I do believe it. Some restaurants have a somewhat visible kitchen and I sometimes see cooks who look like they are from Central/South America, Pakistan, China and so on. I’ve read that it’s cheaper to train non native cooks. Doesn’t matter to me, though, as long as they are competent.

delete

The pasta packaging is neat!

Even a hurricane is not going to stop this person’s quest for good food.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2016/09/27/typhoon-megi-slams-into-taiwan/

And she’s not just holding the bun either:

The photos promptly went viral and prompted:

She said its her husband who bought her bun so she’s not giving that up to the elements.

Let’s see if any of you have that dedication!

6 Likes