Sichuan ingredients (SFBA)

For H-Mart I had it once 6-7 months ago at their Alemany Ave. location but can’t remember which aisle it was in the store. And I think I saw it at the Foster City Ranch99 location some time ago

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks! I’m due for another H-Mart trip soon. I’ll report back if I find it.

Good find! My search on Weee for ya cai didn’t yield the same results. Thanks!

There’s a ramen spot on sawtelle in la that is a critical darling called Tsujita. Really the ordinary ramen is just a vehicle for eating copious amounts of ya cai (or something very close) from the jar on the table. Hope you get your fix.

1 Like

I found it at Asia Mart in Santa Rosa $1.69

1 Like

Thanks for the scoop! I am sometime in that area, but it wouldn’t occur to me to shop for my Asian groceries there.

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I know, right!
There is also a very good Thai Market up here.
I bought fresh Drumsticks, Real Holy Basil and some other pretty hard to find things at the Thai place.

There was a box of the yibin yacai at Asian Mart today. $1.59 per 8 oz packet! Thanks again for the tip. It is such an eclectic little market with East Asian, South Asian, SE Asian, and West African ingredients.

1 Like

Do check out the Thai Market as well. On Fridays he has a “Farmers Market” of sorts.

1 Like

Panda brand for sichuan red and green at 99 Ranch. Only at 99 Ranch. About $8 for a small bag but very worth it.