SF Bay Area Farmers' market good finds

I should have bought a few from others for comparison but I was HOT, even though only wearing tee shirt (no jacket that is …)

How do you mean?

They aren’t as intense, sweet, as I remember.

1 Like

Other than cherry tomatoes, we don’t really hit peak flavor until late August most years, IMO.

1 Like

I’ve been slow roasting (olive oil, salt) Costco’s cherry tomatoes, tastes great on sandwiches. Lately I’ve been adding TJ onion crunch hummus, easy, delicious.

1 Like

It seems we’re finally hitting peak season for the larger stone fruit. I don’t know the variety, but the yellow freestone peaches from Blossom Bluff at the Tuesday berkeley market are by far the best I’ve tasted this year. Their flavor just screams PEACH!

@shrinkrap Better snap up those Grevensteins!

3 Likes

We were very impressed with the offerings at the Pinole Farmers Market last Saturday. Early Girls were $3/lb and perhaps too sweet/low acid but still great. One vendor had about eight varieties of eggplant, all perfect, and many kinds of bitter melons and other squash. Ramos Farms had the same reliable stone fruit and melons they bring to the El Cerrito market. They had everything we needed for the week.

4 Likes

No roma tomatoes at Pedrick’s in Dixon! :astonished:

How much were the eggs?

I don’t know! I stopped in for stonefruit and tomatoes.

Picked up strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon and corn from Lao farms in Sebastopol- I’m hooked on their stuff, all really good

No particular “finds” but here are some random photos from the Saturday farmers market at the SF Ferry Building:

5 Likes

Did they bring any of their lemon tarts or fig newtons?

It’s one of our favorite places to visit when we stay up there.

ipsedixit,

I don’t recall if they had the lemon tarts or fig newtons.