[Salem, MA] Notch Brewing Tap Room and Biergarten

There aren’t many taprooms in the Boston area that I love since most of them only serve their own beers and I don’t LOVE most NE breweries. Notch is a real standout and is extremely worthy of the press they get. I love both of their locations. I do like Widowmaker’s Blue Comet - they just opened a taproom in Brighton so I need to make it over there soon.

Besides the beer tasting rooms that JeremyK mentioned (all great), I’d nominate Olde Magoun’s Saloon in Somerville (always solid and their German OFest selection in Sept/Oct is legendary in the Boston area), the recently opened Deep Ellum in Waltham (15 taps, very well curated), Tip Tap Room (Beacon Hill), and Publick House in Brookline (admittedly haven’t been here in several years but the draft selection still appears to be great)

4 Likes

Christ, I can’t believe that I forgot those big three. I’ve lived in the burbs too long, those memories there are fading. Each of those three are all stellar options for beers. I didn’t love Dee Ellum in Waltham; had a very so-so experience there but it was still relatively “new”

2 Likes