Rhinebeck, NY?

Hi all - I just wanted to write a quickie that we went to Rhinebeck and had a couple of very good meals and a dud. We were only there for really one full day and part of another, but mom died on the full day, so everything changed. I plan to write up our two dinners - one not so good - American Bounty - and one excellent - Le Petite Bistro. Opted out of Bread Alone for breakfast. Cafe wasn’t open yet and when I’m on vacation is the only time someone serves me breakfast so we went to Pete’s across the street. Nice little throwback with lousy coffee. Lunch at Terrapin was very good, though we both had salads (DH seared tuna and me - craving a caesar). I understand it can be hit or miss. Went there for dessert one night and that was very good. I’m a sucker for a good molten chocolate cake. I know, I know. As soon as I can get my brain to function properly, I’ll post about our dinners.

Chowdowm - I was looking for that Greig farm and we never found it.

So sorry to hear about your mom.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your mom, wincountrygirl.

Thank you both

My condolences, winecountrygirl.

When our daughter attended Vassar in the early 1990’s, we had two excellent meals at American Bounty. I’ll be interested to hear why yours wasn’t. We also ate once at Le Petit Bistro. Charming place with delicious food. Glad to hear it’s still around.

My Blog
My Flickr

Condolences Gwen

We’ve been twice to the CIA. I wasn’t impressed with American Bounty, but very much liked the French restaurant - it was not called Bocuse, as it is now.

This was ages and ages ago, and imo, not worth the trip back.

Thanks, JF

Here is a link to my reasons

Love Petite Bistro but I fear things may change there. They are in the process of expanding into the space on the corner. It will be a totally separate room where they plan to offer a more casual menu and brunch. I hope the expansion does not spread them too thin. Our night there was most enjoyable - food and service and the small place.