Restaurants that do not live up to what they are known for

Same. I was given Vicodin when I had my wisdom teeth out, and I called my dentist the next day to ask for a prescription for a real drug. There’s a reason so many people are dependent on Vicodin - you can function pretty well on it, ‘cause it doesn’t do much.

1 Like

I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. Worst pain of my life - 4 months of physical therapy. I took oxycontin for much of that time, but got tired of being a zombie. We had to drive over an hour roundtrip to pick up a new prescription each month and so I just didn’t do it at one point. Not too many days without the drug, I crashed really hard at my PT clinic. I couldn’t stop shaking, I couldn’t walk. They called the EMT’s and off I went to the ER in an ambulance. I was going through withdrawal. My ortho put me on tramadol after that, which could be phoned into the pharmacy instead of a handwritten Rx. A scary, unpleasant experience and I hope never to need that pain med again,

1 Like

Well i understand that but there are definitely better cheesesteaks to be had.

“Two years later.” :smiley:

1 Like

Well as long as you haven’t been holding your breath waiting for a response . . .

2 Likes

I have! Wheeeeeeewwwwwwww :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Damn, you must have been a really deep shade of blue by the time you read the response. On the plus side, you probably qualify for the Guinness Book of World Records (if such a thing still exists).

3 Likes

Hey - I’ve beena little busy…

4 Likes

Five Guys fries are very good but I find that they get soggy very quickly from just being in that closed bag for even a few minutes. I’m not sure why, but it’s happened every time.

1 Like

This post was just ‘liked’ so I saw it again. After thinking about it, I suppose I don’t really know if their fries aren’t soggy BEFORE they go in the bag. Anybody here ever worked there or been served the fries without them being in a bag?

Five Guys fries are flabby, not soggy. This happens because they are thick cut and freshly fried, once.

I don’t see what the fuss is about as I much prefer fries that are thinner and crispier.

Actually you’re right. I stand corrected. Not wet, just limp.

Because they are fooking delicious.

2 Likes

may I interject . . .
“Fast Food” joints are not “Restaurants”

they produce a bunch of stuff on a tray, which may - or may not - resemble “food”

whot?
example:
we did LV Tom Colicchio’s CraftSteak some time back.
did Tom Colicchio’s NYC Craft later - very so-so
we did LV Tom Colicchio’s CraftSteak last year.
total disaster. Wagu steak order medium rare presented with barely any pink.
inedible sides . . .

TheMiltonInn
multiple priors - most excellent
new management, new chef
not good, at all.

(some) high end kitchens have not recovered from the pandemic.
(some) affiliate restos have failed - miserably - to live up to their expectations.