Restaurants DOING IT RIGHT in the pandemic

You got it… Asbury Park!
I moved here ~5 years ago. :blush:

3 Likes

I won’t post my photo with him, but one of my friends calls me the Bruce whisperer. He tends to show up when I’m at shows.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Great musical minds think alike, girl!

1 Like

wow, I forgot about all of these places.

Adding Blu Grotto to the list!!!

1 Like

I am the anti-Bruce whisperer. He shows up at shows I’ve attended after I’ve left. However, I do bump into him at Pottery Barn and other local public places.

1 Like

That’s something I haven’t had happen YET!

1 Like

Highly recommend broad street donuts in oakhurst. We went earlier today. Everyone was masked (properly!) and there was someone at the door keeping an eye on the number of people in the store. Sanitizer was also readily available. Easy and very tasty!

5 Likes

I’ve picked up a bit of a Dunkin iced tea habit during the pandemic. I’m surprised by how much the prices can vary between locations. I’ve paid anywhere from $1.06 to $2.97 and everywhere in between for a large iced tea. I guess prices are set by each franchisee? Regardless, you would think pricing would be at least somewhat consistent at a chain and not having some places at nearly triple the price of others.

1 Like

That’s crazy! Is there any chance they’re running specials (e.g., from 2-4 in the afternoon DD sometimes offers $2 coffee…)?

Not from what I can tell. Each place seems to have its own consistent price.

Interesting. Maybe it’s a separate discussion, but I thought part of the point of a franchise the consistency factor in both product and pricing!

I picked up some goodies from the Freehold location (Broad Street dough) recently which pretty much does the same thing. If you know what you want, you can order right outside and an employee will take your order and take payment via credit card. If you need to go look at the menu and check out the donuts, they would let you in but they make sure only a few customers are in the store. You wait outside and they bring you the donuts. Great experience.

2 Likes

Ordered Drew’s Bayshore Bistro last night. They gave very descriptive and accurate description on the pickup process on the phone. Food was great wrapped in biodegradable containers that held the heat in well.
30min trip home food was still hot and as always flavorful. Just a very good consistent meal every time
I’ve been here. Hoping they get thru this pandemic unscathed.

9 Likes

What time did you call, and how long did it take for someone to answer?

Lol I called around 12
Left a message on machine.
Then I waited and they called back 2:00-2:30
In between I occasionally called and only rec’d busy signal.
Was getting worried as I was shooting for 5:00pm pickup for early dinner.

1 Like

Thanks for that info! One of the reasons we’ve opted not to do take-out there has been the reports of the difficulty getting through to them. No way was I going to dial and redial a ridiculous number of times. Based on your experience, it appears it’s best to call before they come in, leave a message, and have them call us back. Also, good that they offer specific details re: the pick-up procedure.

2 Likes

I agree, call early and leave a message. I figured there wouldn’t be a wait on a Wednesday but I redialed many times before I got a live person. I initially left a message but I don’t think they have time to get back to messages right away once the new menu gets posted.

Unless you are trying to get a limited special I don’t think it matters. Also I have never had a problem getting an early pickup time. Note: one of our dishes yesterday was the mushroom pasta. Even though they listed the ingredients on the menu, I had the older version stuck in my head so I was suprised to get more of a pesto pasta. Everything was well packaged and great, as usual.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input! I’d definitely go the leave a message route. If it takes several hours for them to get back to me, no problem since our preferred pick-up time would be around 8 p.m. And we’d choose items that are always on the menu which I presume they wouldn’t run out of.

2 Likes