Reports: Lunch at Wojia Hunan, Albany, CA 9/15/2018

The chef took pains to emphasize to Hyperbowler and I multiple times that he’s the first to fry his mochi balls in the Bay Area.

I read the Ping’s report, and it didn’t seem like the mochi was ordered then? Curious how it tastes.

@MarkC, I am ok with the chef taking liberty in some dishes if most of them are Hunan. Given the cuisine is in flux too, I wouldn’t be surprised if these fusion dishes are actually on the menus in a big city like Changsha in Hunan, where the population has regular access to western foods. btw, welcome to HO!

Agreed I have had it a couple of times. Pretty sure it is Black Sesame Paste with Sugar and Lard

1 Like

i knew i recognized him!

Sorry it took me so long to post. We sat at Table 2, enjoyed meeting everyone and the epic feast. I wish we could have traded tables to sample everything, want to go back for more!

photos not in the order received: chive with tofu, dried turnip, onion pancake, spicy fish soup, hunan noodles, minced beef, tofu and cilantro soup, sizzling squid tentacles, country style fried fish and tofu, pickled green beans with minced pork, chairman mao stewed pork hock, shredded chicken with green onion pepper sauce, sautéed celery, agaric, lily and red peppers, tree fungus with vinegar and lime sauce, fried glutinous rice balls.

wojia%20-%20pickledbeans Add images

3 Likes