Real old-fashioned bakeries?

“Will drive for doughnuts” —>

I don’t do tattoos but if I did, well, that phrase and a tasteful little doughnut might be my ink. :laughing:

4 Likes

:joy: tattoos are not my jam either, too funny!!!

1 Like

A bit west of Boston I’m thinking Wilson Farms Bakery. Volante Farm maybe someone else has tried ?

If anyone is really serious about driving for donuts, Donut Love in Hampton NH is worth the drive. Check hours carefully and plan a beach walk to burn off the calories.

2 Likes

Donut Love is going on the list of possibilities. Doughnuts + beach walk are a favorite activity when we can make that happen. Thank you for this intriguing and hopeful thought!

Their pasteis de nata (custard tarts) are our favorites.

Thanks for the mention, stopped by there yesterday and they may be ours now too. Also enjoyed some coxinhas and am now interested in trying their other savory croquettes. Whether we can make it there for weekend morning malasadas remains to be seen.

2 Likes

Yay! More to try, I see.

Antoine’s Bakery, in Newton (Nonantum). Baba au Rhum. Theirs is our go-to birthday cake! Lots of iterations of italian pastries, as well as the usual cookies, muffins, cakes and pies. No crazy prices–maybe a bit less than what you expect to pay, especially for this quality. I think this is just what you’re looking for. Been there for almost 60 years!

7 Likes

Welcome to Hungry Onion Lisa! Glad to see all your posts! We are a small but might community on the Boston board and always thrilled to get new members!

3 Likes

thanks for all the great new input. welcome to the board!

1 Like

I hope more Boston Chowhound posters will find you–I really miss the OLD Chowhound. This seems like a fitting “child”.

6 Likes