Pour House / Sitting Duck Tinton Falls

Thanks for the welcome…I will do the newbie thread. We used to love the Barnacle burgers (go back to the days it was located on the dock and at full moon high tides the water came through the floorboards) but last 2 or 3 times they were a disappointment. BUT, all those times we were with others at a table. Maybe same thing holds true for Barnacle’s about cooking behind bar as at the PH.

From their Facebook page!! Generally their specials come with a soup and or salad and a couple of sides. Not a bad deal all things considered, I don’t think you are going to find a whole lobster for below this price anywhere. (If you do share where!!!)

Pourhouse

Wash it down with one of these babies !!! ( I think I should be on their payroll for this kind of promotion!!) @corvette_johnny @gcaggiano @joonjoon I see one of you taking advantage of these specials!!! ((Full Disclosure I am NOT on their payroll. lol))

Pourhouse

2 Likes

Wow…this sounds good!

Look at the first lobster. There is no way that thing is 1.25 :wink:. Look at that claw! Lol

Yeah I’m not sure that’s just clip art they are using hot the promotion.

My wife is a fan of either lobster special - the whole bug or the tail preparation. I’m a fan of the Tuesday NY strip.

Just some expectation setting: it seems the bar is either packed to the walls or empty - there seems no happy medium; and a special peeve of mine, atrociously cheap tableware.

But I think the value is there and they are reliable. Kick back with a Kane and enjoy.

2 Likes

Spot on with the cheap silverware, also while I appreciate the free popcorn bar snack, they load that with so much salt it can literally pucker your lips. Yes, the point is to “assist” your thirst, but dammit why do you have to ruin the popcorn?

Consistency and value, oh and excellent burgers, bar cooked food(s). I love their grilled clams and wings from the bar as well.

1 Like

I don’t believe so. All the Barnacles burgers seem to come from the bar area.

And welcome.

1 Like

Time to show The Pour House some love people. Their burgers are frequently discussed here being one of the best in the area, generally only second to Barnacle Bills. While I’m a big fan of their roasted clams and wings (at the bar only!!!) they also have a hell of a prime rib special on Wednesday nights. $ 19.99 gets you a nice cut of meat, plus soup, plus salad (garden or shrimp and egg) and a side. Not a bad deal for a 3 course meal.

Last night I made the decision to ask the waitress if it were possible to get a “double cut” and what the up-charge would be. She checked with the kitchen and said yes and up charge would be $ 13. So for
$ 32.99 I got this beast. It was very good, very tender and cooked perfectly. My only criticism of this being very good vs. great/excellent is the lack of any char. I prefer my prime rib with some burnt crispy edges preferable around the bone, this completely lacks that.

Do take note to the bone!! It’s very hard to find places still serving prime rib on the bone. I used to like Houlihans Prime Rib, however 2 problems;
1.) No double cuts, so they pre-portioned their prime rib
2.) No bone in cuts.
Even the notorious prime rib chain Charlie Browns does not have bone in cuts anymore.

So for all intent and purposes this is a very good prime rib and at $19.99 or $ 32.99 a dam good deal for a prime rib dinner.

89175ec08b885250d44b7a90001ef8fcde85640a_1_525x700

d4222c474861c1564197cb344f878c965af59866_1_525x700

7 Likes

All you people with your Barnacle Bills love, here was my Pour House Burger today for lunch! The Bisto Burger and it was friggin delicious!!! (I don’t order burgers often but I didn’t remember them serving these crunchy fries, I thought they used to have thick cut fries. I prefer regular or thick cut over these crunchy fries)

5 Likes

That looks heavenly! (As I eat a banana and some raw carrots with hummus…)

2 Likes

Looks awesome JR.
We usually go chips or upgrade to onion rings.
I’ve come to decide PH is my new #1 for burgers in the area. Have enjoyed my burgers there much more so than B.B. lately.

2 Likes

Am I wrong though? Didn’t they use to have those thick cut steak fries?

Looking good! What’s on that burger?

The fries at Sd/pH have always been those coated fries as far as I can remember. Bb serves steak fries.

Do you see what I mean about the burgers getting smaller? They use to fill the bun. Maybe it’s my imagination.

1 Like

Did the burgers get smaller, or did the buns get larger? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@corvette_johnny It may be the same amount of meat without it getting pressed down?

Personally, I don’t care what the poundage of the burger is, but I want to feel like I am eating a burger and not a dressed up meatball! :smiley:

BB’s I remember being much flatter than that.

I am not sure Greg. It just seems the burgers have gotten smaller. I dont want a meatball either. As curlz joked about, I don’t think buns have gotten bigger. Lol

+1 for PH/SD wait time. Usually I can’t get a table at bb quickly. Bb is often tough to get a table during prime time. I can usually get a seat at Sd/pH quickly. This is regarding tables, not the bar.

+1 BB for HOT burgers. They have a limited space to cook so once the burgers are done you get them hot off the grill, literally within a minute or less…good stuff! The cheese is also hotter and not Luke warm.

2 Likes

Does either restaurant list the ounces? I cannot recall.

Prob a function of when we go but I tend to fget in pretty quickly, we’ll quick for B.B.-usually less than 25 min. PH I have up bc it was never lass than 45 min and take out is usually at least 30 min when I call it in. We usually go at 530 or so. PH is much closer so it’s sometimes a bit spur of the moment. B.B. is usually planned unless we happen to be in the area for something. B.B. esp if we want anything other than burger as the seafood combos are money and the chicken parm is surprisingly good too

I think bb used to list 10oz back in the day. I’ve been going there for a long time so don’t quote me. Currently they don’t list the amount of beef.

The thing I like about sitting at the bar is that you can ask to cook/prepare it to your liking. Bb is hard to get a seat at. PH is hard too. SD is easier with more seats.

3 Likes